Powerful PatienceHow can you trust God more even as you wait on Him?
Top Music Videos
With a work deadline looming, it was hard to find time to write my Our Daily Journey articles this month. I was strongly tempted to put on a "Do-Not-Disturb-Me" demeanor at work. For even though I tried to protect some time to think and write, it never happened. I was bombarded by e-mails that required immediate attention, or the immediate need to discuss specific projects with a colleague.
Interruptions. How should we handle them?
Jesus knew all about interruptions. One day, just after He had reached the shore of Galilee, a distraught man in dire straits greeted Him with an urgent plea. Jairus implored Jesus to follow him quickly. His daughter was dying, and he wanted Jesus to heal her (Mark 5:22). While they were making their way through the crowd to Jairus' house, Jesus suddenly realized that "healing power had gone out from Him" (v.30).
To the disciples, this was an undesired interruption. Their tone belied their frustration. They said, "Look at this crowd pressing around You. How can You ask, â€˜Who touched Me?' " (v.31). But Jesus, full of compassion, took time to minister to a suffering woman. Her illness had made her ceremonially unclean (Leviticus 15:25-27), and she hadn't been able to participate in community life for 12 years! Jesus looked the woman in the eye and assured her, "Daughter, your faith has made you well. Go in peace. Your suffering is over" (Mark 5:34).
Jairus' daughter died while Jesus was busy helping the woman. It was too late, or so it seemed. The unwanted interruption allowed Jairus to experience an even deeper knowledge of Jesus and His power, even power over death!
When your schedule is interrupted, trust in God and His power. He will help you accomplish all that needs to be done. , Poh Fang Chia, Our Daily Journey
CLICK HERE to visit OurDailyJourney.org
- Powerful Patience - How can you trust God more even as you wait on Him?...read more
- Overwhelmed - What has sunk your spirits today?...read more
- Greater - How does the knowledge that God is greater than our storms impact the way you feel?...read more
- Voice of Reason - How do you respond to the rage of others?...read more
- Source of Truth - What does Scripture reveal about the issues on your mind today?...read more
- Little Things - Do you measure yourself and others according to God’s standards or the world’s?...read more
- Jesus the Reconciler - What does it add to your understanding of the cross to recognize that Jesus was enacting your reconciliation with God?...read more
- Tasting Heaven - How can you echo God’s future banquet by inviting diverse guests to your dinner parties?...read more
- Possible - What does it mean for you to know that Jesus is your Shepherd?...read more
- "Follow Me!" - Why are you following Jesus?...read more
- Here’s Hope - Why do we sometimes keep our struggles to ourselves?...read more
- Is Jesus Enough? - How do you react when you see injustice in the world, or when circumstances are against you and God seems to be silent?...read more
- Greater Work - What life experience has most challenged your understanding of prayer?...read more
- Awe - Where and when do you find yourself most in awe of God?...read more
- Purpose - How does the apostle Paul’s life demonstrate God’s “purpose” to you?...read more
- Broken Down & Built Up - What might God be accomplishing in your life through a recent difficult experience?...read more