Sweet MusicWhat things have you been trying to handle without prayer?
Top Music Videos
A Fitness magazine poll of 1,000 women found that women are willing to take drastic steps to reach their ideal weight: Twenty-three percent said they would spend a week in jail. Twenty-three percent would shave their head. Twenty-two percent would wear a bikini on TV. Twenty-one percent would trade 10 years of their life to lose some pounds.
It's apparent that some people are obsessed with their weight. And just as these women are concerned about watching their weight, there's a different "wait" that God calls His children to keep their eyes on. In Psalm 27, David watched his "wait" by taking a power step of renewal (v.14). He renewed his confidence in God's attributes. In the first verse, he declared that God was his light. David shed pounds of fear and doubt when he recognized the brilliant, divine light of God's character. The light of God's holy nature gave David strength to wait with unswerving faith.
David also affirmed that God was his salvation (v.1). This means that, even though God did not deliver him from every distress, David believed that God could provide physical and spiritual deliverance from present and future dangers (vv.2-3).
Finally, David declared that God was his fortress (v.1). He waited on God for deliverance, for God alone could keep him safe in dangerous situations. David watched his wait through unswerving confidence in God Himself (v.5).
We can experience this confidence! Let's watch our wait today by taking time to exercise new truths we've learned about God and tone up what we already know about Him as found in God's Word (v.11). When these truths become part of our everyday exercise routine, God will give us the power to work through our circumstances with confidence in Him. , Marvin Williams, Our Daily Journey
CLICK HERE to visit OurDailyJourney.org
- Sweet Music - What things have you been trying to handle without prayer?...read more
- Laughter - How do joy and laughter reveal the heart of God?...read more
- Powerful Patience - How can you trust God more even as you wait on Him?...read more
- Overwhelmed - What has sunk your spirits today?...read more
- Greater - How does the knowledge that God is greater than our storms impact the way you feel?...read more
- Voice of Reason - How do you respond to the rage of others?...read more
- Source of Truth - What does Scripture reveal about the issues on your mind today?...read more
- Little Things - Do you measure yourself and others according to God’s standards or the world’s?...read more
- Jesus the Reconciler - What does it add to your understanding of the cross to recognize that Jesus was enacting your reconciliation with God?...read more
- Tasting Heaven - How can you echo God’s future banquet by inviting diverse guests to your dinner parties?...read more
- Possible - What does it mean for you to know that Jesus is your Shepherd?...read more
- "Follow Me!" - Why are you following Jesus?...read more
- Here’s Hope - Why do we sometimes keep our struggles to ourselves?...read more
- Is Jesus Enough? - How do you react when you see injustice in the world, or when circumstances are against you and God seems to be silent?...read more
- Greater Work - What life experience has most challenged your understanding of prayer?...read more
- Awe - Where and when do you find yourself most in awe of God?...read more