Treasure that LastsWhat legacy do you want to leave behind when you die?
Top Christian Music Videos
What To Do?
I used to struggle big-time with making decisions.
When confronted with options I seldom experienced
confidence that I would make the right decision.
One winter, I flew to Colorado to visit some dear
friends who owned a ski resort. Rather than take
advantage of free skiing, however, I opted to spend my
days by the fireplace in their cozy home, tackling my
With Bible in hand, I looked up every verse I could
find that pertained to choosing wisely. My study
prompted me to apply verses in a new way. Rather than
just reading Scripture, I began to ask questions that
would reveal whether or not I was actually applying
God’s Word to my situation and steps. For example,
rather than just agreeing with Proverbs 3:5-6—“Trust in
the Lord with all your heart; do not depend on your own
understanding. Seek His will in all you do, and He will
show you which path to take”—I jotted down verses and
related questions, like these:
• Verse: “Trust the Lord with all your heart.” Question:
Am I trusting the Lord with all my heart in this matter?
Why or why not?
• Verse: “Do not depend on your own understanding.”
Question: What is my understanding of this situation?
Am I depending on my perception or on God’s
As I answered questions like these, it helped me identify the source of my
heart’s desires (Psalm 20:4) and my confidence. It prompted me to walk in
response to God’s Word rather than my own fickle ways.
Today, think through some of your favorite Bible verses and jot down
questions that can help you live them out to God’s glory. His Word gives us the
wisdom we need to know what to do.
What does 2 Corinthians 1:17 reveal about plans without conviction?
How has wisdom from God’s Word helped you to make good decisions?
How should prayer and Scripture intersect as we seek to do the right thing?
- Treasure that Lasts - What legacy do you want to leave behind when you die?...read more
- The Lost Virtue - In what common circumstances are you most impatient?...read more
- Right and Wrong Words - Is your tongue quick to criticize but slow to apologize?...read more
- Kindness and Hospitality - How are you using your God-given gifts to love and serve others?...read more
- Rejoicing in Deep Need - What happens when you choose to rejoice in God even when you’re in deep need?...read more
- Staying True - Our ability to stand in the midst of trials will depend on the focus of our gaze....read more
- Write Your Epitaph - How are you growing in your faith and the proclaiming of it?...read more
- What Happens in the End - Are you feeling hopeless and weary? Be reminded of what happens in the end!...read more
- Stop Painting Your Bucket - Who you are is who you are in Jesus....read more
- What We Have - When do you feel most grateful?...read more
- God's Perspective - What has God called you to do that might appear to be too challenging?...read more
- More than Walking on Water - Do you ever find yourself focusing more on what God can do than on who He is?...read more
- The Spirit’s Wind - In what areas of your life have you been laboring in your own strength instead of God’s power?...read more
- Laying Down Your Life - What does it mean for you to embrace Jesus as the One who laid down His life for you?...read more
- Hidden Costs - What are some ways you can avoid falling prey to Satan’s hidden costs this week?...read more
- Limits - How often are you weary or stressed from church work?...read more