John's QuestionWhat steps can you take to seek God’s perspective in a current challenging situation?
Top Music Videos
What To Do?
I used to struggle big-time with making decisions.
When confronted with options I seldom experienced
confidence that I would make the right decision.
One winter, I flew to Colorado to visit some dear
friends who owned a ski resort. Rather than take
advantage of free skiing, however, I opted to spend my
days by the fireplace in their cozy home, tackling my
With Bible in hand, I looked up every verse I could
find that pertained to choosing wisely. My study
prompted me to apply verses in a new way. Rather than
just reading Scripture, I began to ask questions that
would reveal whether or not I was actually applying
God’s Word to my situation and steps. For example,
rather than just agreeing with Proverbs 3:5-6—“Trust in
the Lord with all your heart; do not depend on your own
understanding. Seek His will in all you do, and He will
show you which path to take”—I jotted down verses and
related questions, like these:
• Verse: “Trust the Lord with all your heart.” Question:
Am I trusting the Lord with all my heart in this matter?
Why or why not?
• Verse: “Do not depend on your own understanding.”
Question: What is my understanding of this situation?
Am I depending on my perception or on God’s
As I answered questions like these, it helped me identify the source of my
heart’s desires (Psalm 20:4) and my confidence. It prompted me to walk in
response to God’s Word rather than my own fickle ways.
Today, think through some of your favorite Bible verses and jot down
questions that can help you live them out to God’s glory. His Word gives us the
wisdom we need to know what to do.
What does 2 Corinthians 1:17 reveal about plans without conviction?
How has wisdom from God’s Word helped you to make good decisions?
How should prayer and Scripture intersect as we seek to do the right thing?
- John's Question - What steps can you take to seek God’s perspective in a current challenging situation?...read more
- Victory - What battles are you facing these days?...read more
- Starting Over - Have you experienced a fresh start in Jesus?...read more
- Genuine Love - How have you experienced the reality of God’s love?...read more
- Straight Up - Is there a current situation in your life where you’ve been less than honest?...read more
- He Saw Something - Have you seen something so true that you would be willing to live or die for it?...read more
- Higher Law, Higher Love - What choice of conscience faces you today?...read more
- Stay or Run Away - How might God want you to display His glory in your life?...read more
- Jealousy and Generosity - To help His followers understand what the kingdom of heaven is like and the dangers of comparison obsession, Jesus told a parable about a landowner who hired workers to tend his vineyard....read more
- On the Fringe - Who sits alone at church that you can befriend?...read more
- Taming Anger - Think back to a time when you lashed out in anger, or when someone lashed out at you....read more
- Full of Joy - How can you tap into God’s joy more fully?...read more
- Mistaken vs. Hard Hearts - How have you experienced a hard heart toward God in your relationship with Him?...read more
- The Narrow Door - How can salvation be a free gift simply received and yet still require our response?...read more
- Last Dance - How can you focus on thoughts that are lovely and admirable today?...read more
- Free to Forgive - How has God’s forgiveness changed your heart?...read more