New BeginningsHow has God equipped you to follow Him?
Top Christian Music Videos
What To Do?
I used to struggle big-time with making decisions.
When confronted with options I seldom experienced
confidence that I would make the right decision.
One winter, I flew to Colorado to visit some dear
friends who owned a ski resort. Rather than take
advantage of free skiing, however, I opted to spend my
days by the fireplace in their cozy home, tackling my
With Bible in hand, I looked up every verse I could
find that pertained to choosing wisely. My study
prompted me to apply verses in a new way. Rather than
just reading Scripture, I began to ask questions that
would reveal whether or not I was actually applying
God’s Word to my situation and steps. For example,
rather than just agreeing with Proverbs 3:5-6—“Trust in
the Lord with all your heart; do not depend on your own
understanding. Seek His will in all you do, and He will
show you which path to take”—I jotted down verses and
related questions, like these:
• Verse: “Trust the Lord with all your heart.” Question:
Am I trusting the Lord with all my heart in this matter?
Why or why not?
• Verse: “Do not depend on your own understanding.”
Question: What is my understanding of this situation?
Am I depending on my perception or on God’s
As I answered questions like these, it helped me identify the source of my
heart’s desires (Psalm 20:4) and my confidence. It prompted me to walk in
response to God’s Word rather than my own fickle ways.
Today, think through some of your favorite Bible verses and jot down
questions that can help you live them out to God’s glory. His Word gives us the
wisdom we need to know what to do.
What does 2 Corinthians 1:17 reveal about plans without conviction?
How has wisdom from God’s Word helped you to make good decisions?
How should prayer and Scripture intersect as we seek to do the right thing?
- New Beginnings - How has God equipped you to follow Him?...read more
- What's Important - How has God been training you lately?...read more
- Choosing to Forget - What painful memory is holding you back from peace with God?...read more
- Not about Fame - How has Jesus changed your life?...read more
- Faithful and True - What experiences have shaped your understanding of what it means to be faithful?...read more
- Living Houses of Prayer - What does it mean for you to be a living house of prayer?...read more
- Test of Courage - Read Proverbs 21:30-31 to see how true success depends on God....read more
- Calling on the Air - In what ways have you called on God for direction ?...read more
- Only the Beginning - What hope has God brought you today?...read more
- Disciplined for Freedom - Praise God and display your gratitude to Him today!...read more
- What Will We Become? - What does it mean for you to be God’s masterpiece?...read more
- Taking the Hate - Which portions of the Bible trouble you the most?...read more
- Not a Distant God - Read Romans 8:31-39 to be reminded of the intimate love God has for us....read more
- A Greater Power - Read Jeremiah 31:20-25 and consider the power of God’s restoration...read more
- Anger Management - Read Matthew 5:21-22 to see what Jesus said about anger and sin....read more
- Moving Past Memories - How can experiencing God’s forgiveness for our sin help us to extend grace to others?...read more