Run with It!Jesus is the author of life.
Top Christian Music Videos
What To Do?
I used to struggle big-time with making decisions.
When confronted with options I seldom experienced
confidence that I would make the right decision.
One winter, I flew to Colorado to visit some dear
friends who owned a ski resort. Rather than take
advantage of free skiing, however, I opted to spend my
days by the fireplace in their cozy home, tackling my
With Bible in hand, I looked up every verse I could
find that pertained to choosing wisely. My study
prompted me to apply verses in a new way. Rather than
just reading Scripture, I began to ask questions that
would reveal whether or not I was actually applying
God’s Word to my situation and steps. For example,
rather than just agreeing with Proverbs 3:5-6—“Trust in
the Lord with all your heart; do not depend on your own
understanding. Seek His will in all you do, and He will
show you which path to take”—I jotted down verses and
related questions, like these:
• Verse: “Trust the Lord with all your heart.” Question:
Am I trusting the Lord with all my heart in this matter?
Why or why not?
• Verse: “Do not depend on your own understanding.”
Question: What is my understanding of this situation?
Am I depending on my perception or on God’s
As I answered questions like these, it helped me identify the source of my
heart’s desires (Psalm 20:4) and my confidence. It prompted me to walk in
response to God’s Word rather than my own fickle ways.
Today, think through some of your favorite Bible verses and jot down
questions that can help you live them out to God’s glory. His Word gives us the
wisdom we need to know what to do.
What does 2 Corinthians 1:17 reveal about plans without conviction?
How has wisdom from God’s Word helped you to make good decisions?
How should prayer and Scripture intersect as we seek to do the right thing?
- Run with It! - Jesus is the author of life....read more
- Sacrificial Love - What does it mean for you to carry your cross?...read more
- Autograph of the Ordinary - Do you accept the truth that God is in your ordinary work?...read more
- The Gift of Love - How should you respond to such a great love?...read more
- Warm Welcome - How does warm hospitality reflect God’s loving heart?...read more
- In the Gap - What has God equipped you with to intercede for others?...read more
- Confession and Blessing - How does repentance reveal our faith and trust in Jesus?...read more
- Breaking the Mold - How are you sharing Jesus with the next generation?...read more
- Diseased Hearts - What are the implications of only God truly knowing the heart and being able to cure it?...read more
- To Make Them Better - To follow Jesus means we allow God to transform the whole of our life....read more
- Looking for Work? - Consider how God has uniquely equipped you....read more
- Out of the Blue - God intervened before we were aware of our need....read more
- Joy and Sadness - Is there sadness in your life you need to embrace?...read more
- Passion Unleashed - What gifts and talents has God given you?...read more
- Thankful for What? - How do your difficult times more clearly illustrate God’s power and redemption?...read more
- Where Desire Takes Us - What desires have you been wrestling with?...read more