Faithful and TrueWhat experiences have shaped your understanding of what it means to be faithful?
Top Christian Music Videos
In the End
He has planted eternity in the human heart, but even so, people cannot see the whole scope of God’s work from beginning to end (v.11).
As I looked at the goldfish cracker on the floor of my pantry, I reminisced about the tiny hands of my children and an earlier season in life. Though the fallen cracker was the result of a recent forage, the image made me realize how quickly time passes. As I dealt with sleepless nights, teething babies, and potty training, I would have been hard-pressed to believe that the end was soon in sight. The hands that once cupped goldfish crackers now grip a gym bag, textbooks, and an iPad.
The Author of what we call time, God, reminds us that He has always been (Revelation 1:8). Our days are numbered on this earth, while eternal life is what God has promised us (John 3:36). Living the dual existence of the eternal and the temporal isn’t always easy, as the writer of Ecclesiastes vividly relays in his musings on the meaning of life. In addition, when we deal with painful seasons, disillusionment can readily cloud our vision (Ecclesiastes 2:13-17).
In these times, however, we must hold fast to the truth that God’s knowledge extends far beyond our view. Ecclesiastes 3:11 reminds us, “He has planted eternity in the human heart, but even so, people cannot see the whole scope of God’s work from beginning to end.” We don’t have to stay stuck in whatever difficult season is upon us. Likewise, when God takes us through rigorous times of training (James 1:2-4), we find hope in knowing there’s a finish line ahead.
Beyond living for the moment, we must be a people who patiently await God’s next move. We must let go of anger, give up stubbornness, and let go of yesterday. For, in the end, we will reign with the One who has always been and who always will be! —Regina Franklin
Read Revelation 21:1-7 and consider your current circumstances in light of what God considers to be the final, unending chapter for those who are in Jesus.
How can you balance the knowledge that your decisions have eternal impact with Jesus’ admonition to focus on today? (Matthew 6:34). How are you awaiting God’s next move for you?
- Faithful and True - What experiences have shaped your understanding of what it means to be faithful?...read more
- Living Houses of Prayer - What does it mean for you to be a living house of prayer?...read more
- Test of Courage - Read Proverbs 21:30-31 to see how true success depends on God....read more
- Calling on the Air - In what ways have you called on God for direction ?...read more
- Only the Beginning - What hope has God brought you today?...read more
- Disciplined for Freedom - Praise God and display your gratitude to Him today!...read more
- What Will We Become? - What does it mean for you to be God’s masterpiece?...read more
- Taking the Hate - Which portions of the Bible trouble you the most?...read more
- Not a Distant God - Read Romans 8:31-39 to be reminded of the intimate love God has for us....read more
- A Greater Power - Read Jeremiah 31:20-25 and consider the power of God’s restoration...read more
- Anger Management - Read Matthew 5:21-22 to see what Jesus said about anger and sin....read more
- Moving Past Memories - How can experiencing God’s forgiveness for our sin help us to extend grace to others?...read more
- There is Hope - What has caused you to lose hope recently?...read more
- Transformed! - How has God’s power helped you overcome fear?...read more
- Breaking Toward Freedom - Where are you experiencing a need for freedom?...read more
- A Spiritual Powerlift - How are you practicing walking in the power of the Holy Spirit?...read more