Finding RefugeWhat does it mean for God to be your true refuge?
Top Christian Music Videos
In the End
He has planted eternity in the human heart, but even so, people cannot see the whole scope of God’s work from beginning to end (v.11).
As I looked at the goldfish cracker on the floor of my pantry, I reminisced about the tiny hands of my children and an earlier season in life. Though the fallen cracker was the result of a recent forage, the image made me realize how quickly time passes. As I dealt with sleepless nights, teething babies, and potty training, I would have been hard-pressed to believe that the end was soon in sight. The hands that once cupped goldfish crackers now grip a gym bag, textbooks, and an iPad.
The Author of what we call time, God, reminds us that He has always been (Revelation 1:8). Our days are numbered on this earth, while eternal life is what God has promised us (John 3:36). Living the dual existence of the eternal and the temporal isn’t always easy, as the writer of Ecclesiastes vividly relays in his musings on the meaning of life. In addition, when we deal with painful seasons, disillusionment can readily cloud our vision (Ecclesiastes 2:13-17).
In these times, however, we must hold fast to the truth that God’s knowledge extends far beyond our view. Ecclesiastes 3:11 reminds us, “He has planted eternity in the human heart, but even so, people cannot see the whole scope of God’s work from beginning to end.” We don’t have to stay stuck in whatever difficult season is upon us. Likewise, when God takes us through rigorous times of training (James 1:2-4), we find hope in knowing there’s a finish line ahead.
Beyond living for the moment, we must be a people who patiently await God’s next move. We must let go of anger, give up stubbornness, and let go of yesterday. For, in the end, we will reign with the One who has always been and who always will be! —Regina Franklin
Read Revelation 21:1-7 and consider your current circumstances in light of what God considers to be the final, unending chapter for those who are in Jesus.
How can you balance the knowledge that your decisions have eternal impact with Jesus’ admonition to focus on today? (Matthew 6:34). How are you awaiting God’s next move for you?
- Finding Refuge - What does it mean for God to be your true refuge?...read more
- Why Pray? - What do you need to ask God for today?...read more
- Love and Adoption - What does it mean to you to be adopted by your heavenly Father?...read more
- Worship and Service - Why is it so vital for you to worship God with all you are?...read more
- Holy Desperation - Do you have a personal relationship with Jesus?...read more
- Insisting on Joy - What would it look like for you to insist on joy this week?...read more
- Hot Water - Where in your spiritual life have you become complacent?...read more
- Remade - Do any areas of your life need to be remade?...read more
- God’s Renewing Presence - What can you do to experience God’s renewing presence today?...read more
- Enduring Hope - Have you lost hope and become disillusioned with life?...read more
- Grasping Grace - What does God’s grace mean to you?...read more
- Clear View - How can you seek God’s wisdom and direction today?...read more
- Led by the Spirit - How do you distinguish between the leading of the Spirit and the whims and desires of your own heart?...read more
- No Longer Lost - Where have you seen God’s love and mercy in your life?...read more
- Grace that Motivates - How can we avoid the temptation to try and earn God’s approval by doing good deeds?...read more
- Two-Winged Sun - What Scriptures inspire you today?...read more