God's MasterpieceWhat does it mean for God’s people to be a masterpiece?
Top Christian Music Videos
In the End
He has planted eternity in the human heart, but even so, people cannot see the whole scope of God’s work from beginning to end (v.11).
As I looked at the goldfish cracker on the floor of my pantry, I reminisced about the tiny hands of my children and an earlier season in life. Though the fallen cracker was the result of a recent forage, the image made me realize how quickly time passes. As I dealt with sleepless nights, teething babies, and potty training, I would have been hard-pressed to believe that the end was soon in sight. The hands that once cupped goldfish crackers now grip a gym bag, textbooks, and an iPad.
The Author of what we call time, God, reminds us that He has always been (Revelation 1:8). Our days are numbered on this earth, while eternal life is what God has promised us (John 3:36). Living the dual existence of the eternal and the temporal isn’t always easy, as the writer of Ecclesiastes vividly relays in his musings on the meaning of life. In addition, when we deal with painful seasons, disillusionment can readily cloud our vision (Ecclesiastes 2:13-17).
In these times, however, we must hold fast to the truth that God’s knowledge extends far beyond our view. Ecclesiastes 3:11 reminds us, “He has planted eternity in the human heart, but even so, people cannot see the whole scope of God’s work from beginning to end.” We don’t have to stay stuck in whatever difficult season is upon us. Likewise, when God takes us through rigorous times of training (James 1:2-4), we find hope in knowing there’s a finish line ahead.
Beyond living for the moment, we must be a people who patiently await God’s next move. We must let go of anger, give up stubbornness, and let go of yesterday. For, in the end, we will reign with the One who has always been and who always will be! —Regina Franklin
Read Revelation 21:1-7 and consider your current circumstances in light of what God considers to be the final, unending chapter for those who are in Jesus.
How can you balance the knowledge that your decisions have eternal impact with Jesus’ admonition to focus on today? (Matthew 6:34). How are you awaiting God’s next move for you?
- God's Masterpiece - What does it mean for God’s people to be a masterpiece?...read more
- Prayerful Retreat - How often do you have a “prayerful retreat” with God?...read more
- Laying Down Our Lives - What sometimes holds you back from laying down your life for others?...read more
- A Little Farther - Do you hear much about lament in your local church?...read more
- Distraction - What’s your biggest distraction as you strive to follow Jesus?...read more
- Intentional Defiance - Be encouraged by a God who is with you to discipline and lead you away from wrong turns....read more
- The Family Name - How do you show appreciation for the reconciliation God has offered?...read more
- Unwavering Love - What does it mean for you to rest in God’s unwavering love?...read more
- Far Better - What are you most looking forward to when God calls you home?...read more
- A Good Name - When you consider your reputation, what might you change to better reflect Jesus to others?...read more
- Light the Path - How have others illumined the path for you to Jesus?...read more
- More Than Feelings - God created us to live in the fullness of His image—emotions included....read more
- Of Penguins and People - Who needs your committed, enduring love today?...read more
- Big and Small - What do you do with your worries?...read more
- A Way Out - Do you have a tendency to overestimate or underestimate?...read more
- Extravagant Love - When have you encountered God’s extravagant love?...read more