Happy Ascension DayWhat’s one way you can celebrate the ascension of Jesus Christ today?
Top Music Videos
This one is bone from my bone, and flesh from my flesh (v.23).
Over the past few months my wife and I have been
the Master and Mistress of Ceremonies for three
weddings. Not only are we considering doing
this fulltime (just kidding!), we truly enjoyed helping the
couples design marriage ceremonies and receptions that
reflect who they are.
God designed marriage in a way that reflects who
He is. He said, “It is not good for the man to be alone”
(Gen. 2:18), revealing the perfect intimacy and unity that
the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit share as members of the
Trinity (Luke 3:22).
God created a wife for Adam and brought her to him
(Genesis 2:21-22). The intimacy and unity this first man
experienced with his beautiful bride can be seen in the
words of the poem he composed on the spot: “This one
is bone from my bone, and flesh from my flesh!” (v.23).
Their relationship reflected the oneness of the Trinity as
they were “united into one” (v.24).
The three couples my wife and I were assisting entered
their new relationship as husband and wife in unity and
with high hopes. What they will eventually encounter,
however, are the elements of life that can threaten to
come between them. Picture a couple holding hands as
they face each other. As good things (like children) and
difficult things (financial struggles, sickness, long hours at
work) increasingly fill the space between them, the two
can be pushed apart until they release their hands.
If that happens, marriage can become a lonely place. So today, if you’re
married, reach out to your spouse. Remember that God gave him or her to
you, so you would not “be alone” (v.18) and so you could be “united” to reflect
our triune God (v.24). In the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit we find the perfect
example of what it means to truly stay close.
Check out Malachi 2:14to better understand God’s desire for us to stay
faithful to Him and, if married, to faithfully love our spouse.
How does the intimacy and love of the Trinity help you better understand the depth of
your relationship with God? If you’re married, what will you do to draw
- Happy Ascension Day - What’s one way you can celebrate the ascension of Jesus Christ today?...read more
- Mixed Bag - Are there any blind spots in your life?...read more
- All We Need - How might you trust God for the bounty He alone can provide?...read more
- Simple Things - What simple pleasures can you rediscover with God today?...read more
- Thirsty? - How has God provided our identity and significance in Jesus?...read more
- Freedom from Stress - How can loving and obeying God help you to find the peace He has promised His children?...read more
- Portrait of Jesus - What did Jesus endure for you?...read more
- Slow Learners - What are you struggling to understand in your faith journey with Jesus?...read more
- The Same God - Why would it be wrong for God to not deal with sin in such a serious way?...read more
- In Jesus’ Love - What Scripture verses have been most encouraging to you?...read more
- Don’t Hesitate - How can you become more confident in sharing your faith?...read more
- Broken Instruments - Has anyone ever paid the cost of fixing something you’ve broken or destroyed?...read more
- True Sacrifice - How can you better remind yourself of your great wealth in Christ?...read more
- Jesus and the Junk - What are you trying to hide from God and others?...read more
- Changing Our Tune - What angers you today and why?...read more
- Blending In - What does it mean to stand for Jesus instead of blending in?...read more