Tender HeartsHow can we avoid being spiritually stubborn and unresponsive to God?
Top Christian Music Videos
This one is bone from my bone, and flesh from my flesh (v.23).
Over the past few months my wife and I have been
the Master and Mistress of Ceremonies for three
weddings. Not only are we considering doing
this fulltime (just kidding!), we truly enjoyed helping the
couples design marriage ceremonies and receptions that
reflect who they are.
God designed marriage in a way that reflects who
He is. He said, “It is not good for the man to be alone”
(Gen. 2:18), revealing the perfect intimacy and unity that
the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit share as members of the
Trinity (Luke 3:22).
God created a wife for Adam and brought her to him
(Genesis 2:21-22). The intimacy and unity this first man
experienced with his beautiful bride can be seen in the
words of the poem he composed on the spot: “This one
is bone from my bone, and flesh from my flesh!” (v.23).
Their relationship reflected the oneness of the Trinity as
they were “united into one” (v.24).
The three couples my wife and I were assisting entered
their new relationship as husband and wife in unity and
with high hopes. What they will eventually encounter,
however, are the elements of life that can threaten to
come between them. Picture a couple holding hands as
they face each other. As good things (like children) and
difficult things (financial struggles, sickness, long hours at
work) increasingly fill the space between them, the two
can be pushed apart until they release their hands.
If that happens, marriage can become a lonely place. So today, if you’re
married, reach out to your spouse. Remember that God gave him or her to
you, so you would not “be alone” (v.18) and so you could be “united” to reflect
our triune God (v.24). In the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit we find the perfect
example of what it means to truly stay close.
Check out Malachi 2:14to better understand God’s desire for us to stay
faithful to Him and, if married, to faithfully love our spouse.
How does the intimacy and love of the Trinity help you better understand the depth of
your relationship with God? If you’re married, what will you do to draw
- Tender Hearts - How can we avoid being spiritually stubborn and unresponsive to God?...read more
- The Ultimate Source - God’s goodness and faithfulness can lead us to respond in varying ways....read more
- Love in Action - How can you show Christ’s love to someone in need with both your words and your actions?...read more
- Generous Hearts - Have you ever been the recipient of someone else’s generosity?...read more
- Persecuted but Growing - Have you ever seen God use something negative or discouraging to accomplish something amazing?...read more
- Autumn Moments - What season of life are you in right now?...read more
- Where Love Flourishes - How does the love of a man and woman united in Christ reflect the love God has for us?...read more
- You're Needed - How are you serving the body of Christ?...read more
- Not Coming Back - How does Jesus’ sacrificial example inspire you today?...read more
- Everything Matters - In God’s vision for the world, everything matters....read more
- Valid! - Our value comes from God in whose image we all have been created....read more
- Cupcake Face - Do you have a sin in your life you’ve been trying to hide from God?...read more
- Four Views - Have you ever wished that the Bible was written differently or in a way that was easier for you to understand?...read more
- Perfect Peace - Are you living out God’s “perfect peace”?...read more
- Cherished Possessions - Do you share the same love, empathy, and care for sinners?...read more
- Is This Heaven? - What do you think about heaven and earth?...read more