Happy Ascension DayWhat’s one way you can celebrate the ascension of Jesus Christ today?
Top Music Videos
When it comes to relationships, attraction is definitely not to be toyed with. For believers in Jesus, God's Word commands us to pursue romantic relationships only with persons of the opposite sex who are also true believers (v.14). We should be deliberate in our closest relationships (1 Corinthians 7:39).
Paul wasn't advocating that we hide in a Christian subculture. He knew how important it is for us to have relationships with unbelievers so that we can tell them about Jesus (Colossians 4:5-6). Boundaries in our relationships, however, are important. And they have everything to do with understanding koinonia. The Greek word for fellowship, koinonia implies communion and intimacy. It means much more than simply getting to know someone. The idea is that your intimate fellowship will allow you to draw life from each other.
To grow that close to an unbeliever can lead us to adopt their views and choices (Exodus 23:32). In our relationships with people who don't know Jesus, we must be on our guard against compromise with sin (Psalm 1:1). This includes not taking on attitudes and actions that deny God's call to make healthy changes in our own lives (Romans 16:19).
David made a commitment to draw strength only from those who made the Lord their dwelling place (Psalm 119:63). We should do the same. Our ability to reach others for Jesus is greatly influenced by those we draw closest to. , Regina Franklin, Our Daily Journey
CLICK HERE to visit OurDailyJourney.org
- Happy Ascension Day - What’s one way you can celebrate the ascension of Jesus Christ today?...read more
- Mixed Bag - Are there any blind spots in your life?...read more
- All We Need - How might you trust God for the bounty He alone can provide?...read more
- Simple Things - What simple pleasures can you rediscover with God today?...read more
- Thirsty? - How has God provided our identity and significance in Jesus?...read more
- Freedom from Stress - How can loving and obeying God help you to find the peace He has promised His children?...read more
- Portrait of Jesus - What did Jesus endure for you?...read more
- Slow Learners - What are you struggling to understand in your faith journey with Jesus?...read more
- The Same God - Why would it be wrong for God to not deal with sin in such a serious way?...read more
- In Jesus’ Love - What Scripture verses have been most encouraging to you?...read more
- Don’t Hesitate - How can you become more confident in sharing your faith?...read more
- Broken Instruments - Has anyone ever paid the cost of fixing something you’ve broken or destroyed?...read more
- True Sacrifice - How can you better remind yourself of your great wealth in Christ?...read more
- Jesus and the Junk - What are you trying to hide from God and others?...read more
- Changing Our Tune - What angers you today and why?...read more
- Blending In - What does it mean to stand for Jesus instead of blending in?...read more