LaughterHow do joy and laughter reveal the heart of God?
Top Music Videos
When it comes to relationships, attraction is definitely not to be toyed with. For believers in Jesus, God's Word commands us to pursue romantic relationships only with persons of the opposite sex who are also true believers (v.14). We should be deliberate in our closest relationships (1 Corinthians 7:39).
Paul wasn't advocating that we hide in a Christian subculture. He knew how important it is for us to have relationships with unbelievers so that we can tell them about Jesus (Colossians 4:5-6). Boundaries in our relationships, however, are important. And they have everything to do with understanding koinonia. The Greek word for fellowship, koinonia implies communion and intimacy. It means much more than simply getting to know someone. The idea is that your intimate fellowship will allow you to draw life from each other.
To grow that close to an unbeliever can lead us to adopt their views and choices (Exodus 23:32). In our relationships with people who don't know Jesus, we must be on our guard against compromise with sin (Psalm 1:1). This includes not taking on attitudes and actions that deny God's call to make healthy changes in our own lives (Romans 16:19).
David made a commitment to draw strength only from those who made the Lord their dwelling place (Psalm 119:63). We should do the same. Our ability to reach others for Jesus is greatly influenced by those we draw closest to. , Regina Franklin, Our Daily Journey
CLICK HERE to visit OurDailyJourney.org
- Laughter - How do joy and laughter reveal the heart of God?...read more
- Powerful Patience - How can you trust God more even as you wait on Him?...read more
- Overwhelmed - What has sunk your spirits today?...read more
- Greater - How does the knowledge that God is greater than our storms impact the way you feel?...read more
- Voice of Reason - How do you respond to the rage of others?...read more
- Source of Truth - What does Scripture reveal about the issues on your mind today?...read more
- Little Things - Do you measure yourself and others according to God’s standards or the world’s?...read more
- Jesus the Reconciler - What does it add to your understanding of the cross to recognize that Jesus was enacting your reconciliation with God?...read more
- Tasting Heaven - How can you echo God’s future banquet by inviting diverse guests to your dinner parties?...read more
- Possible - What does it mean for you to know that Jesus is your Shepherd?...read more
- "Follow Me!" - Why are you following Jesus?...read more
- Here’s Hope - Why do we sometimes keep our struggles to ourselves?...read more
- Is Jesus Enough? - How do you react when you see injustice in the world, or when circumstances are against you and God seems to be silent?...read more
- Greater Work - What life experience has most challenged your understanding of prayer?...read more
- Awe - Where and when do you find yourself most in awe of God?...read more
- Purpose - How does the apostle Paul’s life demonstrate God’s “purpose” to you?...read more