Rich in Good WorksHow can you encourage other believers in Jesus to “be rich in good works”?
Top Music Videos
In Ephesians 5:18, the apostle Paul said, "Don't be drunk with wine, because that will ruin your life." Unfortunately, just as it is today, getting inebriated was a common practice among the people of the ancient world. An intoxicated person was no longer in control of his words and actions. The apostle continues, "Instead, be filled with the Holy Spirit." What did he mean? Paul was telling the Ephesians that being in Christ meant being controlled and influenced by the Holy Spirit.
The grammar is helpful here. The phrase "be filled" is a present imperative in the Greek language. This means that being controlled by the Holy Spirit was a command for the Ephesians, it was to be a continuous, everyday experience. Paul wanted the church of Ephesus to experience the Spirit's guidance, control, and power to live for Jesus every day. The result of being filled with the Spirit was life and inner joy through worshiping and thanking God, not the destruction and death that comes from drunkenness.
Let's pursue a LUI life, "living under the influence" of the Holy Spirit. As we remain under His control, our words and actions will influence others for Jesus. , Marvin Williams, Our Daily Journey
CLICK HERE to visit OurDailyJourney.org
- Rich in Good Works - How can you encourage other believers in Jesus to “be rich in good works”?...read more
- What Sets Us Free - Do you ever try to earn points with God?...read more
- Washed - In what ways is God calling you to visibly represent Him to someone else?...read more
- Sweet Music - What things have you been trying to handle without prayer?...read more
- Laughter - How do joy and laughter reveal the heart of God?...read more
- Powerful Patience - How can you trust God more even as you wait on Him?...read more
- Overwhelmed - What has sunk your spirits today?...read more
- Greater - How does the knowledge that God is greater than our storms impact the way you feel?...read more
- Voice of Reason - How do you respond to the rage of others?...read more
- Source of Truth - What does Scripture reveal about the issues on your mind today?...read more
- Little Things - Do you measure yourself and others according to God’s standards or the world’s?...read more
- Jesus the Reconciler - What does it add to your understanding of the cross to recognize that Jesus was enacting your reconciliation with God?...read more
- Tasting Heaven - How can you echo God’s future banquet by inviting diverse guests to your dinner parties?...read more
- Possible - What does it mean for you to know that Jesus is your Shepherd?...read more
- "Follow Me!" - Why are you following Jesus?...read more
- Here’s Hope - Why do we sometimes keep our struggles to ourselves?...read more