Spiritual StrugglesWhen you struggle spiritually, how do you react?
Top Music Videos
In Ephesians 5:18, the apostle Paul said, "Don't be drunk with wine, because that will ruin your life." Unfortunately, just as it is today, getting inebriated was a common practice among the people of the ancient world. An intoxicated person was no longer in control of his words and actions. The apostle continues, "Instead, be filled with the Holy Spirit." What did he mean? Paul was telling the Ephesians that being in Christ meant being controlled and influenced by the Holy Spirit.
The grammar is helpful here. The phrase "be filled" is a present imperative in the Greek language. This means that being controlled by the Holy Spirit was a command for the Ephesians, it was to be a continuous, everyday experience. Paul wanted the church of Ephesus to experience the Spirit's guidance, control, and power to live for Jesus every day. The result of being filled with the Spirit was life and inner joy through worshiping and thanking God, not the destruction and death that comes from drunkenness.
Let's pursue a LUI life, "living under the influence" of the Holy Spirit. As we remain under His control, our words and actions will influence others for Jesus. , Marvin Williams, Our Daily Journey
CLICK HERE to visit OurDailyJourney.org
- Spiritual Struggles - When you struggle spiritually, how do you react?...read more
- Happy Ascension Day - What’s one way you can celebrate the ascension of Jesus Christ today?...read more
- Mixed Bag - Are there any blind spots in your life?...read more
- All We Need - How might you trust God for the bounty He alone can provide?...read more
- Simple Things - What simple pleasures can you rediscover with God today?...read more
- Thirsty? - How has God provided our identity and significance in Jesus?...read more
- Freedom from Stress - How can loving and obeying God help you to find the peace He has promised His children?...read more
- Portrait of Jesus - What did Jesus endure for you?...read more
- Slow Learners - What are you struggling to understand in your faith journey with Jesus?...read more
- The Same God - Why would it be wrong for God to not deal with sin in such a serious way?...read more
- In Jesus’ Love - What Scripture verses have been most encouraging to you?...read more
- Don’t Hesitate - How can you become more confident in sharing your faith?...read more
- Broken Instruments - Has anyone ever paid the cost of fixing something you’ve broken or destroyed?...read more
- True Sacrifice - How can you better remind yourself of your great wealth in Christ?...read more
- Jesus and the Junk - What are you trying to hide from God and others?...read more
- Changing Our Tune - What angers you today and why?...read more