Spiritual StrugglesWhen you struggle spiritually, how do you react?
Top Music Videos
Sydnie & Me
Be strong and courageous! Do not be afraid or discouraged.
For the Lord your God is with you wherever you go (v.9).
Last year I went through a bone marrow transplant
(BMT). By God’s grace, I didn’t go it alone. Family
and friends walked with me through the procedure and
subsequent months of recovery. But there was someone else
who shared the journey—Sydnie. This precious little girl, a
daughter of friends of ours, needed to have a BMT at the
same time I did! She was a few hours away and we could
connect only by Skype. But the emotional and spiritual
connection was real. Both of us together walked through
some dark, rushing waters to reach the shore—a promising
place of renewed health and life.
The Israelites, troubled by the loss of their leader
Moses, had to pass through the waters of the Jordan
River to begin their new life in the Promised Land. It
meant leaving behind what was known for the unknown.
It meant placing one foot in front of the other and boldly
moving into a new land—a new way of life.
How did God comfort and encourage Joshua and all the
people of Israel? By promising some very special things:
• The place where He was leading them would be
their own (Joshua 1:3). When God leads you to a new
place, a new work, a new way of life, He will provide
what you need.
• They would not go it alone (v.5). God will be with us
just as He was with Moses, just as He was with Joshua.
He will never “fail” or “abandon” us.
• The Word of God would be their guide and lead to success (vv.7-8). As we
soak in the wisdom of God’s Word and apply it, we can know true success by
What water is God leading you to pass through today? Remember these
words: “The Lord your God is with you wherever you go” (v.9).
Read Isaiah 43:2. What promises given by God to the prophet bring
you hope and courage today?
What’s keeping you from taking a step of faith with God? Why is it vital for
us to immerse ourselves in His Word when we’re facing turbulent waters?
- Spiritual Struggles - When you struggle spiritually, how do you react?...read more
- Happy Ascension Day - What’s one way you can celebrate the ascension of Jesus Christ today?...read more
- Mixed Bag - Are there any blind spots in your life?...read more
- All We Need - How might you trust God for the bounty He alone can provide?...read more
- Simple Things - What simple pleasures can you rediscover with God today?...read more
- Thirsty? - How has God provided our identity and significance in Jesus?...read more
- Freedom from Stress - How can loving and obeying God help you to find the peace He has promised His children?...read more
- Portrait of Jesus - What did Jesus endure for you?...read more
- Slow Learners - What are you struggling to understand in your faith journey with Jesus?...read more
- The Same God - Why would it be wrong for God to not deal with sin in such a serious way?...read more
- In Jesus’ Love - What Scripture verses have been most encouraging to you?...read more
- Don’t Hesitate - How can you become more confident in sharing your faith?...read more
- Broken Instruments - Has anyone ever paid the cost of fixing something you’ve broken or destroyed?...read more
- True Sacrifice - How can you better remind yourself of your great wealth in Christ?...read more
- Jesus and the Junk - What are you trying to hide from God and others?...read more
- Changing Our Tune - What angers you today and why?...read more