Right and Wrong WordsIs your tongue quick to criticize but slow to apologize?
Top Christian Music Videos
Sydnie & Me
Be strong and courageous! Do not be afraid or discouraged.
For the Lord your God is with you wherever you go (v.9).
Last year I went through a bone marrow transplant
(BMT). By God’s grace, I didn’t go it alone. Family
and friends walked with me through the procedure and
subsequent months of recovery. But there was someone else
who shared the journey—Sydnie. This precious little girl, a
daughter of friends of ours, needed to have a BMT at the
same time I did! She was a few hours away and we could
connect only by Skype. But the emotional and spiritual
connection was real. Both of us together walked through
some dark, rushing waters to reach the shore—a promising
place of renewed health and life.
The Israelites, troubled by the loss of their leader
Moses, had to pass through the waters of the Jordan
River to begin their new life in the Promised Land. It
meant leaving behind what was known for the unknown.
It meant placing one foot in front of the other and boldly
moving into a new land—a new way of life.
How did God comfort and encourage Joshua and all the
people of Israel? By promising some very special things:
• The place where He was leading them would be
their own (Joshua 1:3). When God leads you to a new
place, a new work, a new way of life, He will provide
what you need.
• They would not go it alone (v.5). God will be with us
just as He was with Moses, just as He was with Joshua.
He will never “fail” or “abandon” us.
• The Word of God would be their guide and lead to success (vv.7-8). As we
soak in the wisdom of God’s Word and apply it, we can know true success by
What water is God leading you to pass through today? Remember these
words: “The Lord your God is with you wherever you go” (v.9).
Read Isaiah 43:2. What promises given by God to the prophet bring
you hope and courage today?
What’s keeping you from taking a step of faith with God? Why is it vital for
us to immerse ourselves in His Word when we’re facing turbulent waters?
- Right and Wrong Words - Is your tongue quick to criticize but slow to apologize?...read more
- Kindness and Hospitality - How are you using your God-given gifts to love and serve others?...read more
- Rejoicing in Deep Need - What happens when you choose to rejoice in God even when you’re in deep need?...read more
- Staying True - Our ability to stand in the midst of trials will depend on the focus of our gaze....read more
- Write Your Epitaph - How are you growing in your faith and the proclaiming of it?...read more
- What Happens in the End - Are you feeling hopeless and weary? Be reminded of what happens in the end!...read more
- Stop Painting Your Bucket - Who you are is who you are in Jesus....read more
- What We Have - When do you feel most grateful?...read more
- God's Perspective - What has God called you to do that might appear to be too challenging?...read more
- More than Walking on Water - Do you ever find yourself focusing more on what God can do than on who He is?...read more
- The Spirit’s Wind - In what areas of your life have you been laboring in your own strength instead of God’s power?...read more
- Laying Down Your Life - What does it mean for you to embrace Jesus as the One who laid down His life for you?...read more
- Hidden Costs - What are some ways you can avoid falling prey to Satan’s hidden costs this week?...read more
- Limits - How often are you weary or stressed from church work?...read more
- Healing Prayer - Why is it important for us to bring our pain and suffering to God?...read more
- Pleasing God in the Mundane - Do you sometimes feel drained by serving God and others?...read more