FulfilledWhy is it important to view Old Testament laws through the lens of Jesus’ fulfillment of them?
Top Music Videos
Sydnie & Me
Be strong and courageous! Do not be afraid or discouraged.
For the Lord your God is with you wherever you go (v.9).
Last year I went through a bone marrow transplant
(BMT). By God’s grace, I didn’t go it alone. Family
and friends walked with me through the procedure and
subsequent months of recovery. But there was someone else
who shared the journey—Sydnie. This precious little girl, a
daughter of friends of ours, needed to have a BMT at the
same time I did! She was a few hours away and we could
connect only by Skype. But the emotional and spiritual
connection was real. Both of us together walked through
some dark, rushing waters to reach the shore—a promising
place of renewed health and life.
The Israelites, troubled by the loss of their leader
Moses, had to pass through the waters of the Jordan
River to begin their new life in the Promised Land. It
meant leaving behind what was known for the unknown.
It meant placing one foot in front of the other and boldly
moving into a new land—a new way of life.
How did God comfort and encourage Joshua and all the
people of Israel? By promising some very special things:
• The place where He was leading them would be
their own (Joshua 1:3). When God leads you to a new
place, a new work, a new way of life, He will provide
what you need.
• They would not go it alone (v.5). God will be with us
just as He was with Moses, just as He was with Joshua.
He will never “fail” or “abandon” us.
• The Word of God would be their guide and lead to success (vv.7-8). As we
soak in the wisdom of God’s Word and apply it, we can know true success by
What water is God leading you to pass through today? Remember these
words: “The Lord your God is with you wherever you go” (v.9).
Read Isaiah 43:2. What promises given by God to the prophet bring
you hope and courage today?
What’s keeping you from taking a step of faith with God? Why is it vital for
us to immerse ourselves in His Word when we’re facing turbulent waters?
- Fulfilled - Why is it important to view Old Testament laws through the lens of Jesus’ fulfillment of them?...read more
- Red Houses - What has God given you—time, finances, ability—that you can use to help someone in need today?...read more
- Tongues Afire - When have you recently endured the wound of another person’s words?...read more
- True Fellowship - What comes to your mind when you hear the word fellowship?...read more
- After 35 - What does it mean for you to rely on God in all things?...read more
- The Failure Wall - In what ways do you need to be prepared for encounters with spiritual enemies?...read more
- Worship 101 - What can you praise God for today?...read more
- Distance - What expectations do you have of fellow church members when it comes to meeting your needs?...read more
- Sarcasm and Sincerity - Do your words provide a safe environment for others?...read more
- Empty Spaces - What’s taking up space in your heart?...read more
- Showing the Way - How prepared are you to share your faith with others?...read more
- New Address? - Where’s the line between worrying and simply pondering a decision?...read more
- Real Stewardship - How are you using your gifts and talents to bring God to others?...read more
- Korah’s Redemption - How has God revealed His redeeming ways to you?...read more
- Stuff We Need - How can you give lavishly to God and others today?...read more
- Rising Above - What difficulties have caused you to experience distress recently?...read more