Dirty LaundryWhen you need to confront someone, how do you react?
Top Christian Music Videos
Sydnie & Me
Be strong and courageous! Do not be afraid or discouraged.
For the Lord your God is with you wherever you go (v.9).
Last year I went through a bone marrow transplant
(BMT). By God’s grace, I didn’t go it alone. Family
and friends walked with me through the procedure and
subsequent months of recovery. But there was someone else
who shared the journey—Sydnie. This precious little girl, a
daughter of friends of ours, needed to have a BMT at the
same time I did! She was a few hours away and we could
connect only by Skype. But the emotional and spiritual
connection was real. Both of us together walked through
some dark, rushing waters to reach the shore—a promising
place of renewed health and life.
The Israelites, troubled by the loss of their leader
Moses, had to pass through the waters of the Jordan
River to begin their new life in the Promised Land. It
meant leaving behind what was known for the unknown.
It meant placing one foot in front of the other and boldly
moving into a new land—a new way of life.
How did God comfort and encourage Joshua and all the
people of Israel? By promising some very special things:
• The place where He was leading them would be
their own (Joshua 1:3). When God leads you to a new
place, a new work, a new way of life, He will provide
what you need.
• They would not go it alone (v.5). God will be with us
just as He was with Moses, just as He was with Joshua.
He will never “fail” or “abandon” us.
• The Word of God would be their guide and lead to success (vv.7-8). As we
soak in the wisdom of God’s Word and apply it, we can know true success by
What water is God leading you to pass through today? Remember these
words: “The Lord your God is with you wherever you go” (v.9).
Read Isaiah 43:2. What promises given by God to the prophet bring
you hope and courage today?
What’s keeping you from taking a step of faith with God? Why is it vital for
us to immerse ourselves in His Word when we’re facing turbulent waters?
- Dirty Laundry - When you need to confront someone, how do you react?...read more
- Tender Hearts - How can we avoid being spiritually stubborn and unresponsive to God?...read more
- The Ultimate Source - God’s goodness and faithfulness can lead us to respond in varying ways....read more
- Love in Action - How can you show Christ’s love to someone in need with both your words and your actions?...read more
- Generous Hearts - Have you ever been the recipient of someone else’s generosity?...read more
- Persecuted but Growing - Have you ever seen God use something negative or discouraging to accomplish something amazing?...read more
- Autumn Moments - What season of life are you in right now?...read more
- Where Love Flourishes - How does the love of a man and woman united in Christ reflect the love God has for us?...read more
- You're Needed - How are you serving the body of Christ?...read more
- Not Coming Back - How does Jesus’ sacrificial example inspire you today?...read more
- Everything Matters - In God’s vision for the world, everything matters....read more
- Valid! - Our value comes from God in whose image we all have been created....read more
- Cupcake Face - Do you have a sin in your life you’ve been trying to hide from God?...read more
- Four Views - Have you ever wished that the Bible was written differently or in a way that was easier for you to understand?...read more
- Perfect Peace - Are you living out God’s “perfect peace”?...read more
- Cherished Possessions - Do you share the same love, empathy, and care for sinners?...read more