Taking on Too MuchWhat are you trying to take on that only God can do
Top Music Videos
Sydnie & Me
Be strong and courageous! Do not be afraid or discouraged.
For the Lord your God is with you wherever you go (v.9).
Last year I went through a bone marrow transplant
(BMT). By God’s grace, I didn’t go it alone. Family
and friends walked with me through the procedure and
subsequent months of recovery. But there was someone else
who shared the journey—Sydnie. This precious little girl, a
daughter of friends of ours, needed to have a BMT at the
same time I did! She was a few hours away and we could
connect only by Skype. But the emotional and spiritual
connection was real. Both of us together walked through
some dark, rushing waters to reach the shore—a promising
place of renewed health and life.
The Israelites, troubled by the loss of their leader
Moses, had to pass through the waters of the Jordan
River to begin their new life in the Promised Land. It
meant leaving behind what was known for the unknown.
It meant placing one foot in front of the other and boldly
moving into a new land—a new way of life.
How did God comfort and encourage Joshua and all the
people of Israel? By promising some very special things:
• The place where He was leading them would be
their own (Joshua 1:3). When God leads you to a new
place, a new work, a new way of life, He will provide
what you need.
• They would not go it alone (v.5). God will be with us
just as He was with Moses, just as He was with Joshua.
He will never “fail” or “abandon” us.
• The Word of God would be their guide and lead to success (vv.7-8). As we
soak in the wisdom of God’s Word and apply it, we can know true success by
What water is God leading you to pass through today? Remember these
words: “The Lord your God is with you wherever you go” (v.9).
Read Isaiah 43:2. What promises given by God to the prophet bring
you hope and courage today?
What’s keeping you from taking a step of faith with God? Why is it vital for
us to immerse ourselves in His Word when we’re facing turbulent waters?
- Taking on Too Much - What are you trying to take on that only God can do...read more
- Representing Jesus - In what practical ways can you effectively represent Christ?...read more
- Myth No More - Why must God judge His enemies and make things right?...read more
- Hidden Sins - How have you been trying to deal with your sin?...read more
- The Kingdom We Long For - What makes you most desperate for the fullness of God’s kingdom to arrive?...read more
- Offering Refuge and Hope - How can you practically and prayerfully support refugees?...read more
- Songs Before Dawn - How will you use your voice to let the good news ring out today?...read more
- Uber Conversations - How do the Father, Son, and the Holy Spirit model a loving relationship?...read more
- Prayer on an Airplane - How can you prepare to share the hope you have in Jesus?...read more
- Adding Interest? - Is there something you’re holding back from God?...read more
- Lord of the Cosmos - What does Jesus being “Lord of the cosmos” mean for your future?...read more
- Farming Hope - What trial are you facing today?...read more
- Because of Sunday - How can you learn to imitate Jesus and His mindset as you face conflict?...read more
- Our Real and Present God - When have you grappled with questions about God’s nearness and presence?...read more
- Gift of Tears - What triggers your emotions?...read more
- Faith in the Fields - Jesus urged His disciples to tell people about Him for “the Kingdom of Heaven is near.”...read more