Not about FameHow has Jesus changed your life?
Top Christian Music Videos
Doing God’s Will
Then you will learn to know God’s will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect (v.2).
The young missionary couple was confused. Certain that God had called them to serve in a specific mission field, they shared their calling with the church leadership. They then received conflicting counsel. One group affirmed their call. Another group redirected them to go to a safer country. The couple brought their conflicted situation to the Lord. After much prayer, they headed to the country God had originally placed on their hearts to begin their mission work. Because they were committed to obey His Word, they quickly found themselves doing His will.
Paul says we must first surrender ourselves to the Lord to know God’s will and then reject worldly thinking and see things from an eternal perspective (Romans 12:1). God’s Word, not our own wisdom, must dictate how we think and direct how we live. Only then will we be able to discern God’s will.
Romans 12:1 says that you will find yourself in God’s will if you surrender to Jesus’ lead and seek to do what pleases Him. Jesus said that whoever wants to know God’s will must first want to doHis will (John 7:17). Our obedience comes first. Then God reveals the next step to us while we’re doing what He has called us to do (Deuteronomy 29:29).
One Bible teacher likens this to a car with the engine already started and ready to roll. It’s certainly easier to move the car to the next destination when the engine is already running and the driver is at the wheel. To follow God’s will is also like using a GPS device. It’s most effective when the car is headed toward a destination and redirecting you when you make a wrong turn.
- Not about Fame - How has Jesus changed your life?...read more
- Faithful and True - What experiences have shaped your understanding of what it means to be faithful?...read more
- Living Houses of Prayer - What does it mean for you to be a living house of prayer?...read more
- Test of Courage - Read Proverbs 21:30-31 to see how true success depends on God....read more
- Calling on the Air - In what ways have you called on God for direction ?...read more
- Only the Beginning - What hope has God brought you today?...read more
- Disciplined for Freedom - Praise God and display your gratitude to Him today!...read more
- What Will We Become? - What does it mean for you to be God’s masterpiece?...read more
- Taking the Hate - Which portions of the Bible trouble you the most?...read more
- Not a Distant God - Read Romans 8:31-39 to be reminded of the intimate love God has for us....read more
- A Greater Power - Read Jeremiah 31:20-25 and consider the power of God’s restoration...read more
- Anger Management - Read Matthew 5:21-22 to see what Jesus said about anger and sin....read more
- Moving Past Memories - How can experiencing God’s forgiveness for our sin help us to extend grace to others?...read more
- There is Hope - What has caused you to lose hope recently?...read more
- Transformed! - How has God’s power helped you overcome fear?...read more
- Breaking Toward Freedom - Where are you experiencing a need for freedom?...read more