Right and Wrong WordsIs your tongue quick to criticize but slow to apologize?
Top Christian Music Videos
Doing God’s Will
Then you will learn to know God’s will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect (v.2).
The young missionary couple was confused. Certain that God had called them to serve in a specific mission field, they shared their calling with the church leadership. They then received conflicting counsel. One group affirmed their call. Another group redirected them to go to a safer country. The couple brought their conflicted situation to the Lord. After much prayer, they headed to the country God had originally placed on their hearts to begin their mission work. Because they were committed to obey His Word, they quickly found themselves doing His will.
Paul says we must first surrender ourselves to the Lord to know God’s will and then reject worldly thinking and see things from an eternal perspective (Romans 12:1). God’s Word, not our own wisdom, must dictate how we think and direct how we live. Only then will we be able to discern God’s will.
Romans 12:1 says that you will find yourself in God’s will if you surrender to Jesus’ lead and seek to do what pleases Him. Jesus said that whoever wants to know God’s will must first want to doHis will (John 7:17). Our obedience comes first. Then God reveals the next step to us while we’re doing what He has called us to do (Deuteronomy 29:29).
One Bible teacher likens this to a car with the engine already started and ready to roll. It’s certainly easier to move the car to the next destination when the engine is already running and the driver is at the wheel. To follow God’s will is also like using a GPS device. It’s most effective when the car is headed toward a destination and redirecting you when you make a wrong turn.
- Right and Wrong Words - Is your tongue quick to criticize but slow to apologize?...read more
- Kindness and Hospitality - How are you using your God-given gifts to love and serve others?...read more
- Rejoicing in Deep Need - What happens when you choose to rejoice in God even when you’re in deep need?...read more
- Staying True - Our ability to stand in the midst of trials will depend on the focus of our gaze....read more
- Write Your Epitaph - How are you growing in your faith and the proclaiming of it?...read more
- What Happens in the End - Are you feeling hopeless and weary? Be reminded of what happens in the end!...read more
- Stop Painting Your Bucket - Who you are is who you are in Jesus....read more
- What We Have - When do you feel most grateful?...read more
- God's Perspective - What has God called you to do that might appear to be too challenging?...read more
- More than Walking on Water - Do you ever find yourself focusing more on what God can do than on who He is?...read more
- The Spirit’s Wind - In what areas of your life have you been laboring in your own strength instead of God’s power?...read more
- Laying Down Your Life - What does it mean for you to embrace Jesus as the One who laid down His life for you?...read more
- Hidden Costs - What are some ways you can avoid falling prey to Satan’s hidden costs this week?...read more
- Limits - How often are you weary or stressed from church work?...read more
- Healing Prayer - Why is it important for us to bring our pain and suffering to God?...read more
- Pleasing God in the Mundane - Do you sometimes feel drained by serving God and others?...read more