FearlessHow can you learn to trust God more deeply and follow Him more courageously?
Top Christian Music Videos
Doing God’s Will
Then you will learn to know God’s will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect (v.2).
The young missionary couple was confused. Certain that God had called them to serve in a specific mission field, they shared their calling with the church leadership. They then received conflicting counsel. One group affirmed their call. Another group redirected them to go to a safer country. The couple brought their conflicted situation to the Lord. After much prayer, they headed to the country God had originally placed on their hearts to begin their mission work. Because they were committed to obey His Word, they quickly found themselves doing His will.
Paul says we must first surrender ourselves to the Lord to know God’s will and then reject worldly thinking and see things from an eternal perspective (Romans 12:1). God’s Word, not our own wisdom, must dictate how we think and direct how we live. Only then will we be able to discern God’s will.
Romans 12:1 says that you will find yourself in God’s will if you surrender to Jesus’ lead and seek to do what pleases Him. Jesus said that whoever wants to know God’s will must first want to doHis will (John 7:17). Our obedience comes first. Then God reveals the next step to us while we’re doing what He has called us to do (Deuteronomy 29:29).
One Bible teacher likens this to a car with the engine already started and ready to roll. It’s certainly easier to move the car to the next destination when the engine is already running and the driver is at the wheel. To follow God’s will is also like using a GPS device. It’s most effective when the car is headed toward a destination and redirecting you when you make a wrong turn.
- Fearless - How can you learn to trust God more deeply and follow Him more courageously?...read more
- Next Steps - Have you ever made a choice or taken an unwise risk that caused you pain?...read more
- Cleansing and Calling - What does it mean to follow God’s calling in your life?...read more
- Finding Refuge - What does it mean for God to be your true refuge?...read more
- Why Pray? - What do you need to ask God for today?...read more
- Love and Adoption - What does it mean to you to be adopted by your heavenly Father?...read more
- Worship and Service - Why is it so vital for you to worship God with all you are?...read more
- Holy Desperation - Do you have a personal relationship with Jesus?...read more
- Insisting on Joy - What would it look like for you to insist on joy this week?...read more
- Hot Water - Where in your spiritual life have you become complacent?...read more
- Remade - Do any areas of your life need to be remade?...read more
- God’s Renewing Presence - What can you do to experience God’s renewing presence today?...read more
- Enduring Hope - Have you lost hope and become disillusioned with life?...read more
- Grasping Grace - What does God’s grace mean to you?...read more
- Clear View - How can you seek God’s wisdom and direction today?...read more
- Led by the Spirit - How do you distinguish between the leading of the Spirit and the whims and desires of your own heart?...read more