Begging the Question?Do you ever feel pressure to share your faith in ways that seem awkward to you?
Top Music Videos
Doing God’s Will
Then you will learn to know God’s will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect (v.2).
The young missionary couple was confused. Certain that God had called them to serve in a specific mission field, they shared their calling with the church leadership. They then received conflicting counsel. One group affirmed their call. Another group redirected them to go to a safer country. The couple brought their conflicted situation to the Lord. After much prayer, they headed to the country God had originally placed on their hearts to begin their mission work. Because they were committed to obey His Word, they quickly found themselves doing His will.
Paul says we must first surrender ourselves to the Lord to know God’s will and then reject worldly thinking and see things from an eternal perspective (Romans 12:1). God’s Word, not our own wisdom, must dictate how we think and direct how we live. Only then will we be able to discern God’s will.
Romans 12:1 says that you will find yourself in God’s will if you surrender to Jesus’ lead and seek to do what pleases Him. Jesus said that whoever wants to know God’s will must first want to doHis will (John 7:17). Our obedience comes first. Then God reveals the next step to us while we’re doing what He has called us to do (Deuteronomy 29:29).
One Bible teacher likens this to a car with the engine already started and ready to roll. It’s certainly easier to move the car to the next destination when the engine is already running and the driver is at the wheel. To follow God’s will is also like using a GPS device. It’s most effective when the car is headed toward a destination and redirecting you when you make a wrong turn.
- Begging the Question? - Do you ever feel pressure to share your faith in ways that seem awkward to you?...read more
- Fulfilled - Why is it important to view Old Testament laws through the lens of Jesus’ fulfillment of them?...read more
- Red Houses - What has God given you—time, finances, ability—that you can use to help someone in need today?...read more
- Tongues Afire - When have you recently endured the wound of another person’s words?...read more
- True Fellowship - What comes to your mind when you hear the word fellowship?...read more
- After 35 - What does it mean for you to rely on God in all things?...read more
- The Failure Wall - In what ways do you need to be prepared for encounters with spiritual enemies?...read more
- Worship 101 - What can you praise God for today?...read more
- Distance - What expectations do you have of fellow church members when it comes to meeting your needs?...read more
- Sarcasm and Sincerity - Do your words provide a safe environment for others?...read more
- Empty Spaces - What’s taking up space in your heart?...read more
- Showing the Way - How prepared are you to share your faith with others?...read more
- New Address? - Where’s the line between worrying and simply pondering a decision?...read more
- Real Stewardship - How are you using your gifts and talents to bring God to others?...read more
- Korah’s Redemption - How has God revealed His redeeming ways to you?...read more
- Stuff We Need - How can you give lavishly to God and others today?...read more