Awareness and ForgivenessHow has the grace of God changed your view of those dealing with sin?
Top Music Videos
So you also are complete through your union with Christ, who is the head over every ruler and authority (v.10).
Here’s something you will never read in an obituary: “Susan Abernathy is survived by Harold, her husband of 47 years, three children, and six grandchildren. Susan was treasurer of the West Kalloon Realtor’s Association, director of numerous Vacation Bible Schools, and finished the human race in 823rd place.”
We will be asked some crucial questions when we die. “Did you repent of your sin and put your faith in My Son?” “Have you forgiven others as you were forgiven?” But the one question we will never be asked is, “Where did you place?”
You couldn’t tell this by the way many of us live. We scurry around doing things we hope will make our lives count. We fret about our Amazon ranking, number of hits on our blog, the title on our business card, and how many second looks we draw as we walk down the street. We waste our lives striving to answer a question that will never be asked.
“Where did you place?” will not be asked by others, for they’re too focused on their own frantic race to worry about ours. And it won’t be asked by God, the only One who matters, because He knows we can’t begin to match the pace that has already been set by Jesus. Paul declares that “in Christ lives all the fullness of God” (Colossians 2:9). Jesus’ deity not only relativizes anything we might accomplish, but it also supplies the key to our success. When we place our trust in Jesus, everything He achieved becomes ours. We may be limping near the back of the pack, but God considers us to have broken the tape because of what His Son has done.
You may not feel like a success, but when you’re in Christ you’ll always finish first. Nothing you do will ever improve on that.
Read Philippians 3:5 to learn how we can find our identity in Jesus rather than in ourselves.
What makes you feel important? Do you look to Jesus or some other source for your significance? How can you remember where your true identity lies?
- Awareness and Forgiveness - How has the grace of God changed your view of those dealing with sin?...read more
- Encouragement Exchange - How could you give encouragement to someone today?...read more
- Raise the Temperature - ...read more
- Always There - Do you believe that the Lord is always with you?...read more
- Seasons of Grief - Are you going through a season of grief where you are struggling to grieve?...read more
- John's Question - What steps can you take to seek God’s perspective in a current challenging situation?...read more
- Victory - What battles are you facing these days?...read more
- Starting Over - Have you experienced a fresh start in Jesus?...read more
- Genuine Love - How have you experienced the reality of God’s love?...read more
- Straight Up - Is there a current situation in your life where you’ve been less than honest?...read more
- He Saw Something - Have you seen something so true that you would be willing to live or die for it?...read more
- Higher Law, Higher Love - What choice of conscience faces you today?...read more
- Stay or Run Away - How might God want you to display His glory in your life?...read more
- Jealousy and Generosity - To help His followers understand what the kingdom of heaven is like and the dangers of comparison obsession, Jesus told a parable about a landowner who hired workers to tend his vineyard....read more
- On the Fringe - Who sits alone at church that you can befriend?...read more
- Taming Anger - Think back to a time when you lashed out in anger, or when someone lashed out at you....read more