Kindness and HospitalityHow are you using your God-given gifts to love and serve others?
Top Christian Music Videos
So you also are complete through your union with Christ, who is the head over every ruler and authority (v.10).
Here’s something you will never read in an obituary: “Susan Abernathy is survived by Harold, her husband of 47 years, three children, and six grandchildren. Susan was treasurer of the West Kalloon Realtor’s Association, director of numerous Vacation Bible Schools, and finished the human race in 823rd place.”
We will be asked some crucial questions when we die. “Did you repent of your sin and put your faith in My Son?” “Have you forgiven others as you were forgiven?” But the one question we will never be asked is, “Where did you place?”
You couldn’t tell this by the way many of us live. We scurry around doing things we hope will make our lives count. We fret about our Amazon ranking, number of hits on our blog, the title on our business card, and how many second looks we draw as we walk down the street. We waste our lives striving to answer a question that will never be asked.
“Where did you place?” will not be asked by others, for they’re too focused on their own frantic race to worry about ours. And it won’t be asked by God, the only One who matters, because He knows we can’t begin to match the pace that has already been set by Jesus. Paul declares that “in Christ lives all the fullness of God” (Colossians 2:9). Jesus’ deity not only relativizes anything we might accomplish, but it also supplies the key to our success. When we place our trust in Jesus, everything He achieved becomes ours. We may be limping near the back of the pack, but God considers us to have broken the tape because of what His Son has done.
You may not feel like a success, but when you’re in Christ you’ll always finish first. Nothing you do will ever improve on that.
Read Philippians 3:5 to learn how we can find our identity in Jesus rather than in ourselves.
What makes you feel important? Do you look to Jesus or some other source for your significance? How can you remember where your true identity lies?
- Kindness and Hospitality - How are you using your God-given gifts to love and serve others?...read more
- Rejoicing in Deep Need - What happens when you choose to rejoice in God even when you’re in deep need?...read more
- Staying True - Our ability to stand in the midst of trials will depend on the focus of our gaze....read more
- Write Your Epitaph - How are you growing in your faith and the proclaiming of it?...read more
- What Happens in the End - Are you feeling hopeless and weary? Be reminded of what happens in the end!...read more
- Stop Painting Your Bucket - Who you are is who you are in Jesus....read more
- What We Have - When do you feel most grateful?...read more
- God's Perspective - What has God called you to do that might appear to be too challenging?...read more
- More than Walking on Water - Do you ever find yourself focusing more on what God can do than on who He is?...read more
- The Spirit’s Wind - In what areas of your life have you been laboring in your own strength instead of God’s power?...read more
- Laying Down Your Life - What does it mean for you to embrace Jesus as the One who laid down His life for you?...read more
- Hidden Costs - What are some ways you can avoid falling prey to Satan’s hidden costs this week?...read more
- Limits - How often are you weary or stressed from church work?...read more
- Healing Prayer - Why is it important for us to bring our pain and suffering to God?...read more
- Pleasing God in the Mundane - Do you sometimes feel drained by serving God and others?...read more
- Avoiding Mean Streets - In what ways have you been entering deeper into God’s wisdom or moving farther away from it?...read more