Sacrificial LoveWhat does it mean for you to carry your cross?
Top Christian Music Videos
Fill the earth and govern it (v.28).
Is God green? Did Jesus have anything to say about the
environment? What is my role as a Christian in caring
for the earth?” These questions caught my attention
as I thumbed through the introductory pages of The
Green Bible. Just as many versions of the Bible highlight
Jesus’ words in red, this version features verses about
the elements of creation in green. Intrigued, I opened to
Genesis. The entire first page, and much of the second,
appeared in grass-colored ink.
As I read through some of the Bible’s other green
passages, it occurred to me that as earthlings, we’re
more like tenants than owners. “The earth is the Lord’s,
and everything in it” (1 Corinthians 1:26), and yet,
“[The Lord] has given the earth to all humanity” (Psalms 115:16). Since God is ultimately in charge of our cosmic
address, we should take good care of His property.
God furnished the earth for some important purposes:
to keep us alive and for our enjoyment. In an opening
statement to humankind, He said: I’ve given you every
plant and all the fruit trees for your food (Genesis 1:28). He fashioned an atmosphere that allows us
to breathe (vv.6-8). He set the world in motion so that
gravity would keep our feet on the ground.
Today, everyone agrees that the earth sustains human
life. The problem is that some people make the mistake
of “worship[ing] and serv[ing] the things God created instead of the Creator
Himself” (Romans 1:25). The earth is not sacred. Our planet is temporary, and
when it has served God’s purposes, He will throw back the curtains to reveal a
new heaven and a fresh earth (Revelation 21:1).
How does the Bible influence your view of the earth? How can
you share what the Bible says about the environment with others?
- Sacrificial Love - What does it mean for you to carry your cross?...read more
- Autograph of the Ordinary - Do you accept the truth that God is in your ordinary work?...read more
- The Gift of Love - How should you respond to such a great love?...read more
- Warm Welcome - How does warm hospitality reflect God’s loving heart?...read more
- In the Gap - What has God equipped you with to intercede for others?...read more
- Confession and Blessing - How does repentance reveal our faith and trust in Jesus?...read more
- Breaking the Mold - How are you sharing Jesus with the next generation?...read more
- Diseased Hearts - What are the implications of only God truly knowing the heart and being able to cure it?...read more
- To Make Them Better - To follow Jesus means we allow God to transform the whole of our life....read more
- Looking for Work? - Consider how God has uniquely equipped you....read more
- Out of the Blue - God intervened before we were aware of our need....read more
- Joy and Sadness - Is there sadness in your life you need to embrace?...read more
- Passion Unleashed - What gifts and talents has God given you?...read more
- Thankful for What? - How do your difficult times more clearly illustrate God’s power and redemption?...read more
- Where Desire Takes Us - What desires have you been wrestling with?...read more
- Nursing a Grudge - Why is it vital for you to bring your bitter feelings to God?...read more