Staying TrueOur ability to stand in the midst of trials will depend on the focus of our gaze.
Top Christian Music Videos
Fill the earth and govern it (v.28).
Is God green? Did Jesus have anything to say about the
environment? What is my role as a Christian in caring
for the earth?” These questions caught my attention
as I thumbed through the introductory pages of The
Green Bible. Just as many versions of the Bible highlight
Jesus’ words in red, this version features verses about
the elements of creation in green. Intrigued, I opened to
Genesis. The entire first page, and much of the second,
appeared in grass-colored ink.
As I read through some of the Bible’s other green
passages, it occurred to me that as earthlings, we’re
more like tenants than owners. “The earth is the Lord’s,
and everything in it” (1 Corinthians 1:26), and yet,
“[The Lord] has given the earth to all humanity” (Psalms 115:16). Since God is ultimately in charge of our cosmic
address, we should take good care of His property.
God furnished the earth for some important purposes:
to keep us alive and for our enjoyment. In an opening
statement to humankind, He said: I’ve given you every
plant and all the fruit trees for your food (Genesis 1:28). He fashioned an atmosphere that allows us
to breathe (vv.6-8). He set the world in motion so that
gravity would keep our feet on the ground.
Today, everyone agrees that the earth sustains human
life. The problem is that some people make the mistake
of “worship[ing] and serv[ing] the things God created instead of the Creator
Himself” (Romans 1:25). The earth is not sacred. Our planet is temporary, and
when it has served God’s purposes, He will throw back the curtains to reveal a
new heaven and a fresh earth (Revelation 21:1).
How does the Bible influence your view of the earth? How can
you share what the Bible says about the environment with others?
- Staying True - Our ability to stand in the midst of trials will depend on the focus of our gaze....read more
- Write Your Epitaph - How are you growing in your faith and the proclaiming of it?...read more
- What Happens in the End - Are you feeling hopeless and weary? Be reminded of what happens in the end!...read more
- Stop Painting Your Bucket - Who you are is who you are in Jesus....read more
- What We Have - When do you feel most grateful?...read more
- God's Perspective - What has God called you to do that might appear to be too challenging?...read more
- More than Walking on Water - Do you ever find yourself focusing more on what God can do than on who He is?...read more
- The Spirit’s Wind - In what areas of your life have you been laboring in your own strength instead of God’s power?...read more
- Laying Down Your Life - What does it mean for you to embrace Jesus as the One who laid down His life for you?...read more
- Hidden Costs - What are some ways you can avoid falling prey to Satan’s hidden costs this week?...read more
- Limits - How often are you weary or stressed from church work?...read more
- Healing Prayer - Why is it important for us to bring our pain and suffering to God?...read more
- Pleasing God in the Mundane - Do you sometimes feel drained by serving God and others?...read more
- Avoiding Mean Streets - In what ways have you been entering deeper into God’s wisdom or moving farther away from it?...read more
- The Presence of Jesus - What past or current sinful choice has caused you to experience shame?...read more
- When We See Jesus - Do you long to see Jesus?...read more