The Gentle WayWhat does it look like for you to live out Jesus’ gentleness before others?
Top Christian Music Videos
The Lord said, “That’s right, and it means that I am watching, and I will certainly carry out all My plans” (v.12).
Last spring I planted an herb garden, even though I don’t have a “green thumb.” In fact, I only sporadically watered the plants when their environment reached desertlike conditions. But, fortunately, I was able to enjoy cooking with the fresh fruits of my labor throughout the summer. A year later, though, I looked out at my garden and realized that my garden—like my life—was in a different phase. The mint had taken over, some herbs were completely wiped out, and others were barren stalks. I decided it was a good season to pull them up.
Ecclesiastes 3:1 teaches us that life also moves in seasons. Although the truths found in God’s Word are unchanging, He uses varying methods at different times to accomplish His purposes. Our role as His people is to hear His voice, understand the times, and know how to respond (1 Chronicles 1:32; John 10:4).
Although biblical truths are universal, the application of them can be individualistic and personal. The things He asks of you may not be the things He is asking of someone else.
Even in the church, we can easily get caught up in comparing ourselves with others and feeling threatened if God is moving someone in a different way than what we’re experiencing. We may even go so far as to judge others by our personal preferences or our individual relationship with Jesus rather than by Scripture. Jeremiah 1 reminds us:
• God knew what we would do in His kingdom even before we were born (v.5).
• God has called us as individuals and will help us complete our work for Him (vv.7-9).
• Our role is to obey His Word; His is to bring it to pass (Isaiah 55:11).
When have you been lonely because God called you to do something different than those around you? How can we discern between biblical standards and individual calling?
- The Gentle Way - What does it look like for you to live out Jesus’ gentleness before others?...read more
- Fireworks and Mercy - How does it make you feel to know that God understands your human frailty and has mercy on you?...read more
- Happy at You - Do you know deep down that God loves you dearly?...read more
- The Shepherd's Voice - Have you ever had an experience where you believe God spoke to you?...read more
- Fearless - How can you learn to trust God more deeply and follow Him more courageously?...read more
- Next Steps - Have you ever made a choice or taken an unwise risk that caused you pain?...read more
- Cleansing and Calling - What does it mean to follow God’s calling in your life?...read more
- Finding Refuge - What does it mean for God to be your true refuge?...read more
- Why Pray? - What do you need to ask God for today?...read more
- Love and Adoption - What does it mean to you to be adopted by your heavenly Father?...read more
- Worship and Service - Why is it so vital for you to worship God with all you are?...read more
- Holy Desperation - Do you have a personal relationship with Jesus?...read more
- Insisting on Joy - What would it look like for you to insist on joy this week?...read more
- Hot Water - Where in your spiritual life have you become complacent?...read more
- Remade - Do any areas of your life need to be remade?...read more
- God’s Renewing Presence - What can you do to experience God’s renewing presence today?...read more