Warm WelcomeHow does warm hospitality reflect God’s loving heart?
Top Christian Music Videos
The Lord said, “That’s right, and it means that I am watching, and I will certainly carry out all My plans” (v.12).
Last spring I planted an herb garden, even though I don’t have a “green thumb.” In fact, I only sporadically watered the plants when their environment reached desertlike conditions. But, fortunately, I was able to enjoy cooking with the fresh fruits of my labor throughout the summer. A year later, though, I looked out at my garden and realized that my garden—like my life—was in a different phase. The mint had taken over, some herbs were completely wiped out, and others were barren stalks. I decided it was a good season to pull them up.
Ecclesiastes 3:1 teaches us that life also moves in seasons. Although the truths found in God’s Word are unchanging, He uses varying methods at different times to accomplish His purposes. Our role as His people is to hear His voice, understand the times, and know how to respond (1 Chronicles 1:32; John 10:4).
Although biblical truths are universal, the application of them can be individualistic and personal. The things He asks of you may not be the things He is asking of someone else.
Even in the church, we can easily get caught up in comparing ourselves with others and feeling threatened if God is moving someone in a different way than what we’re experiencing. We may even go so far as to judge others by our personal preferences or our individual relationship with Jesus rather than by Scripture. Jeremiah 1 reminds us:
• God knew what we would do in His kingdom even before we were born (v.5).
• God has called us as individuals and will help us complete our work for Him (vv.7-9).
• Our role is to obey His Word; His is to bring it to pass (Isaiah 55:11).
When have you been lonely because God called you to do something different than those around you? How can we discern between biblical standards and individual calling?
- Warm Welcome - How does warm hospitality reflect God’s loving heart?...read more
- In the Gap - What has God equipped you with to intercede for others?...read more
- Confession and Blessing - How does repentance reveal our faith and trust in Jesus?...read more
- Breaking the Mold - How are you sharing Jesus with the next generation?...read more
- Diseased Hearts - What are the implications of only God truly knowing the heart and being able to cure it?...read more
- To Make Them Better - To follow Jesus means we allow God to transform the whole of our life....read more
- Looking for Work? - Consider how God has uniquely equipped you....read more
- Out of the Blue - God intervened before we were aware of our need....read more
- Joy and Sadness - Is there sadness in your life you need to embrace?...read more
- Passion Unleashed - What gifts and talents has God given you?...read more
- Thankful for What? - How do your difficult times more clearly illustrate God’s power and redemption?...read more
- Where Desire Takes Us - What desires have you been wrestling with?...read more
- Nursing a Grudge - Why is it vital for you to bring your bitter feelings to God?...read more
- A New Person - What regret do you need to give to Jesus?...read more
- Wexting? - For what challenge do you need to seek God’s wisdom today?...read more
- A Better Question - What kinds of questions do you ask God most often?...read more