Seasons of GriefAre you going through a season of grief where you are struggling to grieve?
Top Music Videos
They traded the truth about God for a lie. So they worshiped and served the things God created instead of the Creator Himself, who is worthy of eternal praise! (Romans 1:25).
When Palestinian Tass Saada was just 17 years old, he joined the Fatah movement in the West Bank. Tass hated Jews and engaged in guerilla warfare against them. He became known as “Butcher” due to the many Israeli soldiers he killed as a sniper. But later, Tass surrendered His life to Jesus and now loves God and the Jews. His ministry in the Middle East is called Seeds of Hope. Tass works to provide modern necessities for Palestinians who live in the West Bank, while he also builds relational bridges between them and their Jewish neighbors.
Like all of us, Tass Saada had a deep need for God. Pastor and writer Ray Stedman once wrote that “Human beings are without [Him].” He then described how the book of Genesis reveals our deep need for God as seen in three realms:
• National Science(genesis 1–2)
• Human Relationships (3–5)
• Spiritual Relationships(6–50)
As we consider one of those spheres—Human Relationships—we read that Cain wantonly took human life (4:8)—much like Tass when he was younger. By killing his brother Abel—committing the first murder—Cain rejected God’s counsel and pushed Him away (vv.6-7).
When we refuse to follow God and His loving instruction, we’re doomed to destruction in relationships and doomed to follow the lies of this world (Romans 1:25). Sadly, our holy God must turn away from us when we engage in our “shameful,” “vile,” and “degrading” acts (v.24).
Cain desperately needed God and His truth, wisdom, and love. But instead of being accepted in right relationship with God by turning to Him and rejecting the sin “crouching at [his] door” (Genesis 4:7), he committed a horrific sin that left him “cursed” before his Creator (v.11).
Don’t deny your need for God. Turn to Him today and find true life.
In what ways have you been living as if you don’t need God? Why is it vital for you to acknowledge your daily need for Him?
- Seasons of Grief - Are you going through a season of grief where you are struggling to grieve?...read more
- John's Question - What steps can you take to seek God’s perspective in a current challenging situation?...read more
- Victory - What battles are you facing these days?...read more
- Starting Over - Have you experienced a fresh start in Jesus?...read more
- Genuine Love - How have you experienced the reality of God’s love?...read more
- Straight Up - Is there a current situation in your life where you’ve been less than honest?...read more
- He Saw Something - Have you seen something so true that you would be willing to live or die for it?...read more
- Higher Law, Higher Love - What choice of conscience faces you today?...read more
- Stay or Run Away - How might God want you to display His glory in your life?...read more
- Jealousy and Generosity - To help His followers understand what the kingdom of heaven is like and the dangers of comparison obsession, Jesus told a parable about a landowner who hired workers to tend his vineyard....read more
- On the Fringe - Who sits alone at church that you can befriend?...read more
- Taming Anger - Think back to a time when you lashed out in anger, or when someone lashed out at you....read more
- Full of Joy - How can you tap into God’s joy more fully?...read more
- Mistaken vs. Hard Hearts - How have you experienced a hard heart toward God in your relationship with Him?...read more
- The Narrow Door - How can salvation be a free gift simply received and yet still require our response?...read more
- Last Dance - How can you focus on thoughts that are lovely and admirable today?...read more