Laying Our Lives DownHow has Jesus’ example inspired you to freely give of yourself?
Top Music Videos
They traded the truth about God for a lie. So they worshiped and served the things God created instead of the Creator Himself, who is worthy of eternal praise! (Romans 1:25).
When Palestinian Tass Saada was just 17 years old, he joined the Fatah movement in the West Bank. Tass hated Jews and engaged in guerilla warfare against them. He became known as “Butcher” due to the many Israeli soldiers he killed as a sniper. But later, Tass surrendered His life to Jesus and now loves God and the Jews. His ministry in the Middle East is called Seeds of Hope. Tass works to provide modern necessities for Palestinians who live in the West Bank, while he also builds relational bridges between them and their Jewish neighbors.
Like all of us, Tass Saada had a deep need for God. Pastor and writer Ray Stedman once wrote that “Human beings are without [Him].” He then described how the book of Genesis reveals our deep need for God as seen in three realms:
• National Science(genesis 1–2)
• Human Relationships (3–5)
• Spiritual Relationships(6–50)
As we consider one of those spheres—Human Relationships—we read that Cain wantonly took human life (4:8)—much like Tass when he was younger. By killing his brother Abel—committing the first murder—Cain rejected God’s counsel and pushed Him away (vv.6-7).
When we refuse to follow God and His loving instruction, we’re doomed to destruction in relationships and doomed to follow the lies of this world (Romans 1:25). Sadly, our holy God must turn away from us when we engage in our “shameful,” “vile,” and “degrading” acts (v.24).
Cain desperately needed God and His truth, wisdom, and love. But instead of being accepted in right relationship with God by turning to Him and rejecting the sin “crouching at [his] door” (Genesis 4:7), he committed a horrific sin that left him “cursed” before his Creator (v.11).
Don’t deny your need for God. Turn to Him today and find true life.
In what ways have you been living as if you don’t need God? Why is it vital for you to acknowledge your daily need for Him?
- Laying Our Lives Down - How has Jesus’ example inspired you to freely give of yourself?...read more
- "Brutiful" - How has God worked in “brutiful” ways in your life?...read more
- The First Day—Again - How does Jesus’ resurrection infuse you with fresh hope?...read more
- Clueless at the Light - What would others say about my influence on them?...read more
- Stinging Words - How have you experienced emotional or spiritual captivity?...read more
- Everyone Has a Story - Who needs you to listen to them? Make time for them today....read more
- Gateway of Hope - How has the rough stuff of your life kept you from hoping in God?...read more
- Philip Flunked - What specific truth about God could help you with a problem you’re currently facing?...read more
- Source of All Life - Every blessing comes from God....read more
- Trapped in Sin - How can you be set free and made right with God?...read more
- Hope Beyond Discouragement - How will you point others to the Source of Hope today?...read more
- Play Your Part - How can you encourage others to fulfill their calling?...read more
- Broken Community - How do we live out holiness without becoming judgmental of others?...read more
- Giving Out Love - How has God provided for you and those you love?...read more
- Assets that Matter - How can you submit more fully to the Holy Spirit’s refining work in your life?...read more
- The Skeptic - What doubt about God is most persistent in your thoughts?...read more