Choosing to ForgetWhat painful memory is holding you back from peace with God?
Top Christian Music Videos
They traded the truth about God for a lie. So they worshiped and served the things God created instead of the Creator Himself, who is worthy of eternal praise! (Romans 1:25).
When Palestinian Tass Saada was just 17 years old, he joined the Fatah movement in the West Bank. Tass hated Jews and engaged in guerilla warfare against them. He became known as “Butcher” due to the many Israeli soldiers he killed as a sniper. But later, Tass surrendered His life to Jesus and now loves God and the Jews. His ministry in the Middle East is called Seeds of Hope. Tass works to provide modern necessities for Palestinians who live in the West Bank, while he also builds relational bridges between them and their Jewish neighbors.
Like all of us, Tass Saada had a deep need for God. Pastor and writer Ray Stedman once wrote that “Human beings are without [Him].” He then described how the book of Genesis reveals our deep need for God as seen in three realms:
• National Science(genesis 1–2)
• Human Relationships (3–5)
• Spiritual Relationships(6–50)
As we consider one of those spheres—Human Relationships—we read that Cain wantonly took human life (4:8)—much like Tass when he was younger. By killing his brother Abel—committing the first murder—Cain rejected God’s counsel and pushed Him away (vv.6-7).
When we refuse to follow God and His loving instruction, we’re doomed to destruction in relationships and doomed to follow the lies of this world (Romans 1:25). Sadly, our holy God must turn away from us when we engage in our “shameful,” “vile,” and “degrading” acts (v.24).
Cain desperately needed God and His truth, wisdom, and love. But instead of being accepted in right relationship with God by turning to Him and rejecting the sin “crouching at [his] door” (Genesis 4:7), he committed a horrific sin that left him “cursed” before his Creator (v.11).
Don’t deny your need for God. Turn to Him today and find true life.
In what ways have you been living as if you don’t need God? Why is it vital for you to acknowledge your daily need for Him?
- Choosing to Forget - What painful memory is holding you back from peace with God?...read more
- Not about Fame - How has Jesus changed your life?...read more
- Faithful and True - What experiences have shaped your understanding of what it means to be faithful?...read more
- Living Houses of Prayer - What does it mean for you to be a living house of prayer?...read more
- Test of Courage - Read Proverbs 21:30-31 to see how true success depends on God....read more
- Calling on the Air - In what ways have you called on God for direction ?...read more
- Only the Beginning - What hope has God brought you today?...read more
- Disciplined for Freedom - Praise God and display your gratitude to Him today!...read more
- What Will We Become? - What does it mean for you to be God’s masterpiece?...read more
- Taking the Hate - Which portions of the Bible trouble you the most?...read more
- Not a Distant God - Read Romans 8:31-39 to be reminded of the intimate love God has for us....read more
- A Greater Power - Read Jeremiah 31:20-25 and consider the power of God’s restoration...read more
- Anger Management - Read Matthew 5:21-22 to see what Jesus said about anger and sin....read more
- Moving Past Memories - How can experiencing God’s forgiveness for our sin help us to extend grace to others?...read more
- There is Hope - What has caused you to lose hope recently?...read more
- Transformed! - How has God’s power helped you overcome fear?...read more