Powerful PatienceHow can you trust God more even as you wait on Him?
Top Music Videos
They traded the truth about God for a lie. So they worshiped and served the things God created instead of the Creator Himself, who is worthy of eternal praise! (Romans 1:25).
When Palestinian Tass Saada was just 17 years old, he joined the Fatah movement in the West Bank. Tass hated Jews and engaged in guerilla warfare against them. He became known as “Butcher” due to the many Israeli soldiers he killed as a sniper. But later, Tass surrendered His life to Jesus and now loves God and the Jews. His ministry in the Middle East is called Seeds of Hope. Tass works to provide modern necessities for Palestinians who live in the West Bank, while he also builds relational bridges between them and their Jewish neighbors.
Like all of us, Tass Saada had a deep need for God. Pastor and writer Ray Stedman once wrote that “Human beings are without [Him].” He then described how the book of Genesis reveals our deep need for God as seen in three realms:
• National Science(genesis 1–2)
• Human Relationships (3–5)
• Spiritual Relationships(6–50)
As we consider one of those spheres—Human Relationships—we read that Cain wantonly took human life (4:8)—much like Tass when he was younger. By killing his brother Abel—committing the first murder—Cain rejected God’s counsel and pushed Him away (vv.6-7).
When we refuse to follow God and His loving instruction, we’re doomed to destruction in relationships and doomed to follow the lies of this world (Romans 1:25). Sadly, our holy God must turn away from us when we engage in our “shameful,” “vile,” and “degrading” acts (v.24).
Cain desperately needed God and His truth, wisdom, and love. But instead of being accepted in right relationship with God by turning to Him and rejecting the sin “crouching at [his] door” (Genesis 4:7), he committed a horrific sin that left him “cursed” before his Creator (v.11).
Don’t deny your need for God. Turn to Him today and find true life.
In what ways have you been living as if you don’t need God? Why is it vital for you to acknowledge your daily need for Him?
- Powerful Patience - How can you trust God more even as you wait on Him?...read more
- Overwhelmed - What has sunk your spirits today?...read more
- Greater - How does the knowledge that God is greater than our storms impact the way you feel?...read more
- Voice of Reason - How do you respond to the rage of others?...read more
- Source of Truth - What does Scripture reveal about the issues on your mind today?...read more
- Little Things - Do you measure yourself and others according to God’s standards or the world’s?...read more
- Jesus the Reconciler - What does it add to your understanding of the cross to recognize that Jesus was enacting your reconciliation with God?...read more
- Tasting Heaven - How can you echo God’s future banquet by inviting diverse guests to your dinner parties?...read more
- Possible - What does it mean for you to know that Jesus is your Shepherd?...read more
- "Follow Me!" - Why are you following Jesus?...read more
- Here’s Hope - Why do we sometimes keep our struggles to ourselves?...read more
- Is Jesus Enough? - How do you react when you see injustice in the world, or when circumstances are against you and God seems to be silent?...read more
- Greater Work - What life experience has most challenged your understanding of prayer?...read more
- Awe - Where and when do you find yourself most in awe of God?...read more
- Purpose - How does the apostle Paul’s life demonstrate God’s “purpose” to you?...read more
- Broken Down & Built Up - What might God be accomplishing in your life through a recent difficult experience?...read more