Sound SensitiveJust as with Samuel, may we know the presence of God throughout the day.
Top Music Videos
Monday April 7
break camp and move on
In his book Seize the Day, Danny Cox, a former jet pilot turned business leader, explained why pilots needed a new ejection system. In the former system, when pilots initiated ejection, all they needed to do was clear the plane and roll forward out of the seat. During testing, however, the pilots wouldn’t let go of the seat during the process. The engineers came up with a solution. Two seconds after ejection commenced, an electronic take-up reel would immediately take up the slack and force the pilot forward out of his seat—freeing the parachute.
Just as pilots need to be forced out of their seats, God had to move Moses and the people of Israel from Mt. Sinai. After almost a year at the mountain (Exodus 19:1; Numbers 10:11-12), it’s likely they had become a bit comfortable there. God commanded Moses to break camp and move on (Deuteronomy 1:7). They would take the shortest and straightest route, and the path wasn’t going to be easy.
It was time to enter the land of those who were considered skilled and feared warriors—risking the lives of all as they followed God’s will. Though this would be dangerous, it was all part of God’s perfect plan. It was time For Moses to break camp and move on and lead His people into “the land the LORD swore to give to [his] ancestors Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, and to all their descendants” (v.8).
It’s so easy to hold on to our seats and become comfortable where we are. That’s when God has to force us out of them, cause us to break camp, and move us to the future He has for us. He calls us to leave the comfortable, be open to change, take faith steps, and trust Him in the face of the unknown. —Marvin Williams
When we were at Mount Sinai, the LORD our God said to us, “You have stayed at this mountain long enough. It is time to break camp and move on” (vv.6-7).
Read Acts 8:1-3, and see how God allowed His people to be moved.
Besides His Word, what else does God use to get us to move from where we are to where He wants us to go? From what comfortable place is God calling you right now?
- Sound Sensitive - Just as with Samuel, may we know the presence of God throughout the day....read more
- Rich in Good Works - How can you encourage other believers in Jesus to “be rich in good works”?...read more
- What Sets Us Free - Do you ever try to earn points with God?...read more
- Washed - In what ways is God calling you to visibly represent Him to someone else?...read more
- Sweet Music - What things have you been trying to handle without prayer?...read more
- Laughter - How do joy and laughter reveal the heart of God?...read more
- Powerful Patience - How can you trust God more even as you wait on Him?...read more
- Overwhelmed - What has sunk your spirits today?...read more
- Greater - How does the knowledge that God is greater than our storms impact the way you feel?...read more
- Voice of Reason - How do you respond to the rage of others?...read more
- Source of Truth - What does Scripture reveal about the issues on your mind today?...read more
- Little Things - Do you measure yourself and others according to God’s standards or the world’s?...read more
- Jesus the Reconciler - What does it add to your understanding of the cross to recognize that Jesus was enacting your reconciliation with God?...read more
- Tasting Heaven - How can you echo God’s future banquet by inviting diverse guests to your dinner parties?...read more
- Possible - What does it mean for you to know that Jesus is your Shepherd?...read more
- "Follow Me!" - Why are you following Jesus?...read more