Not about FameHow has Jesus changed your life?
Top Christian Music Videos
SUNDAY, JANUARY 8
Big and Small
So don’t worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will bring its own worries. Today’s trouble is enough for today (v.34).
Some big interviews lay ahead as I continued my quest to join the UK’s Royal Navy as a chaplain. That included psychometric tests, practical leadership tasks, planning exercises, and the writing of essays. I needed to take several trains down to the interview location, plan my interview techniques, and practice answers.
I prepared all that I could, and yet I still worried. I hardly noticed the beautiful blue sky outside because my thoughts consumed me. The gorgeous day slipped by into a sunset— wasted as I worried.
In Matthew 6, we find a well-known portion of Scripture dealing with worry. I’ve often read it as a rebuke for having weak faith. As Jesus said, “Why do you have so little faith?” (v.30). There’s certainly that element to it, but it’s much more about revealing our God who’s sovereign, knows everything, and yet is concerned with the smallest details.
“Look at the birds. . . . Your heavenly Father feeds them” (v.26). God cares for even the smallest of winged creatures. “Look at the lilies” (v.28). God has seen every flower that has ever sprouted. “Your heavenly Father already knows all your needs” (v.32). That means every need—physical, emotional, mental, and spiritual. And every need in our past, present, and future. Jesus reveals to us one thing that should separate us from those who don’t believe in Him—peace that He alone brings.
God is so vast and unfathomable that sometimes we think He’s distant. But even in His bigness, He’s uniquely qualified to handle all of our cares—no matter how big or small they are. Jesus says, “Seek the Kingdom of God above all else . . . and he will give you everything you need” (v.33). Let’s leave our worries with Him! —Russell Fralick
Read Isaiah 55:8 and consider how God is uniquely qualified to meet our needs.
What do you do with your worries? How can you learn to rest in the peace and joy that God provides?
- Not about Fame - How has Jesus changed your life?...read more
- Faithful and True - What experiences have shaped your understanding of what it means to be faithful?...read more
- Living Houses of Prayer - What does it mean for you to be a living house of prayer?...read more
- Test of Courage - Read Proverbs 21:30-31 to see how true success depends on God....read more
- Calling on the Air - In what ways have you called on God for direction ?...read more
- Only the Beginning - What hope has God brought you today?...read more
- Disciplined for Freedom - Praise God and display your gratitude to Him today!...read more
- What Will We Become? - What does it mean for you to be God’s masterpiece?...read more
- Taking the Hate - Which portions of the Bible trouble you the most?...read more
- Not a Distant God - Read Romans 8:31-39 to be reminded of the intimate love God has for us....read more
- A Greater Power - Read Jeremiah 31:20-25 and consider the power of God’s restoration...read more
- Anger Management - Read Matthew 5:21-22 to see what Jesus said about anger and sin....read more
- Moving Past Memories - How can experiencing God’s forgiveness for our sin help us to extend grace to others?...read more
- There is Hope - What has caused you to lose hope recently?...read more
- Transformed! - How has God’s power helped you overcome fear?...read more
- Breaking Toward Freedom - Where are you experiencing a need for freedom?...read more