Our Daily Journey Recent Devotionals
- Daily Devotional - December 5, 2012 "Help Without Hurting"12/4/2012 - Every summer, female sea turtles trudge out of the sea and onto the beach where they lay their eggs. The baby turtles that eventually hatch follow the light of the moon as they scurry back to the sea
- Daily Devotional - December 4, 2012 "Breathing Easy"12/3/2012 - There’s a new cell phone app that claims it can help you de-stress. To use it, you have to clip a heart-rate monitor to your ear.
- Daily Devotional - December 3, 2012 "Born to Die"12/3/2012 - We’re well into that special time of the year when our focus turns to the celebration of Jesus’ birth (Luke 2:1-20).
- Daily Devotional - December 2, 2012 "Leave Room for God"12/2/2012 - A TV commercial begins with a boy sitting in a play tree house, taunting a grandma and a baby because he has the family’s bag of Doritos chips, and they don’t.
- Daily Devotional - December 1, 2012 "Every Breath You Take"11/30/2012 - I had never given much thought to the value of a single breath until I encountered 2-week-old Nicole in an orphanage in East Africa.
- Daily Devotional - November 30, 2012 "Generational Investment"11/30/2012 - Standing quietly in the back, I am moved by the sight. Arms reach upward, voices carry throughout the room, and a tireless energy reverberates to the sound of the drum.
- Daily Devotional - November 29, 2012 "Eutychus’ Example"11/28/2012 - I must admit I was having a hard time staying awake. The guest speaker had been monotonously droning on for 45 minutes.
- Daily Devotional - November 27, 2012 "Life...With God"11/27/2012 - Every month, more than 500,000 people Google “meaning of life.” Why am I here? They find answers ranging from “Life has no meaning” to “The meaning of life is whatever you make it.”
- Daily Devotional - November 26, 2012 "Oblivious"11/26/2012 - Dante Autullo had no idea that a 3.5-inch nail was embedded in his brain. He was totally oblivious.
- Daily Devotional - November 25, 2012 "Ghost Car"11/25/2012 - In 1939, General Motors created a “ghost car”—a transparent vehicle with a body made of Plexiglas. The see-through outer shell of the Pontiac Deluxe Six revealed a custom chrome-plated dashboard, a spare tire lodged in the trunk, and even the door-locking mechanisms.
- Daily Devotional - November 24, 2012 "History’s Steady Tune"11/23/2012 - George Jellinek, former host of The Vocal Sceneradio program, says “the history of a people is found in its songs.”
- Daily Devotional - November 23, 2012 "The Glory of Jesus"11/22/2012 - Wedding receptions. I’m not opposed to attending them. But, honestly, if I can avoid going to one, you’ll get no complaints from me.
- Daily Devotional - November 22, 2012 "Queen for a Day"11/21/2012 - Following a meeting at Mildmay Uganda—a specialized center that provides holistic outpatient care for HIV and AIDS patients—I was summoned by Mildmay’s public relations director.
- Daily Devotional - November 21, 2012 "More"11/20/2012 - Tom Brady has model-like good looks, is married to supermodel Gisele Bundchen, and has led his football team to three championships.
- Daily Devotional - November 20, 2012 "When Walls Fall"11/19/2012 - Every Monday evening at 8:30 p.m., the walls of my house begin to vibrate. Far from any earthquake tremors, my house instead responds to the sound of my husband and the young men in his small group as they begin their time of worship in song.
- Daily Devotional - November 19, 2012 "Was I There?"11/18/2012 - I’ve never experienced what it means to be opposed or persecuted for my religious beliefs.