Our Daily Journey Recent Devotionals
- Daily Devotional - September, 24 2012 "Three Evils"9/23/2012 - On January 12, 2010, Haiti was hit by a magnitude 7.0 earthquake that leveled an estimated 250,000 homes and 30,000 buildings, killing nearly 300,000 people.
- Daily Devotional - September, 21 2012 "In Defense of Love"9/20/2012 - Throughout much of 2011, Greece experienced unrest as round after round of austerity measures were passed, reducing pension payments and slashing worker benefits.
- Daily Devotional - September, 20 2012 "Line of Sight"9/19/2012 - When our son learned to shoot with a bow and arrow, I found my interest in the sport piqued by its grace and artistry.
- Daily Devotional - September, 18 2012 "Quitting Time"9/17/2012 - Sorting through some old papers, I found a yellowed pay-stub that showed I had worked 100 hours in the span of 7 days.
- Daily Devotional - September, 17 2012 "Withering Grass, Fading Flowers"9/16/2012 - Elton Trueblood, noted Quaker author, educator, philosopher, theologian, former chaplain both to Harvard and Stanford Universities, and advisor to US Presidents Eisenhower and Nixon, wrote 33 books, including the provocative The Predicament of Modern Man (1944).
- Daily Devotional - September, 14 2012 "Obsession"9/13/2012 - Return me to the cross and let me be completely lost in the wonder of the love that You’ve shown me. This is everything I want.
- Daily Devotional - September, 13 2012 "Young Widow's Rant"9/12/2012 - I’ve never met Stephanie Olson, but through social media I came across her blog The Young Widow’s Rant.
- Daily Devotional - September, 12 2012 "All Good Things"9/11/2012 - Recently, I toured Bassett Hall, the home that John D. Rockefeller Jr. and his wife Abby purchased in Williamsburg, Virginia, in the 1930s.
- Daily Devotional - September, 11 2012 "Who's That Dude?"9/10/2012 - A teenage girl raced up to her high school track coach at the start of a practice. She had some really cool news to share and could hardly contain her excitement.
- Daily Devotional - September, 10 2012 "Collapsed"9/10/2012 - In the past few years, my kids and I started a Christmas tradition of making gingerbread houses with some friends.
- Daily Devotional - August, 31 2012 "Attractive Gossip"8/30/2012 - Hazel Namandingo says that so many people haveHIV and AIDS in her homeland of Malawi that singles often rely on gossip to figure out who is safe to date or marry.
- Daily Devotional - August, 30 2012 "Revised Living"8/29/2012 - I have a somewhat obsessive behavior when it comes to writing down anything lengthy on paper. I hate making a mistake.
- Daily Devotional - August, 29 2012 "Heart Transplant"8/28/2012 - Dan Olson is a marathon runner and long-distance cyclist. He’s also a heart transplant recipient.
- Daily Devotional - August, 27 2012 "Stop Fooling Yourself"8/26/2012 - According to a newspaper report, the police ticketed a New Zealander man 32 times over a 5-year period. Why? For not wearing a seatbelt.
- Daily Devotional - August, 24 2012 "Bag It Yourself?"8/23/2012 - A few years back, do-it-yourself checkout at US grocerystores was in vogue—but not these days.
- Daily Devotional - August, 23 2012 "Miraculous Love"8/22/2012 - Hymnwriter Edwin Hodder wrote, “Thy Word is like a deep, deep mine; and jewels rich and rare are hidden in its mighty depths for every searcher there.”