Our Daily Journey Recent Devotionals
- Daily Devotional - August, 27 2012 "Stop Fooling Yourself"8/26/2012 - According to a newspaper report, the police ticketed a New Zealander man 32 times over a 5-year period. Why? For not wearing a seatbelt.
- Daily Devotional - August, 24 2012 "Bag It Yourself?"8/23/2012 - A few years back, do-it-yourself checkout at US grocerystores was in vogue—but not these days.
- Daily Devotional - August, 23 2012 "Miraculous Love"8/22/2012 - Hymnwriter Edwin Hodder wrote, “Thy Word is like a deep, deep mine; and jewels rich and rare are hidden in its mighty depths for every searcher there.”
- Daily Devotional - August, 22 2012 "Golden Handcuffs"8/21/2012 - Friends of mine are acquainted with a media leader. He invited them to appear on his television show to talk about a family tragedy, and he was so impressed by their faith in Christ that he invited them back.
- Daily Devotional - August, 21 2012 "Timeless Message"8/20/2012 - Hurry home! —Dad. Foraging through old boxes, as my husband and I cleaned out our garage, I started to cry when I saw that brief note.
- Daily Devotional - August, 20 2012 "Born Twice"8/19/2012 - The other day I noticed a bumper sticker on the back of an SUV that read, “Born right, the first time.”
- Daily Devotional - August, 17 2012 "Hard Work"8/16/2012 - "Hey, Dad! It’s Micah. All that hard work finally paid off. I made gold defense (starting defense). I’m so happy. These are just baby steps to my days in the pros."
- Daily Devotional - August, 16 2012 "Bread of Life "8/15/2012 - I’ve never known true, life-threatening hunger. There have been occasions where my stomach gnawed for food and where I felt the ragged edge of hunger pains.
- Daily Devotional - August, 15 2012 "Tangible Creativity"8/14/2012 - A friend named Erik Lokkesmoe, a successful audience mobilization agency founder and principal, recently shared on Facebook:
- Daily Devotional - August, 14 2012 "Murderous Intent"8/13/2012 - At its best, anger alerts us to injustice. At its worst, anger becomes murderous in intent. Beyond wanting to see a wrong righted, we find ourselves wishing the destruction of a person—through the use of words if not a gun.
- Daily Devotional - August, 13 2012 "Common Ground"8/12/2012 - The Good Book: A Humanist Biblewas recently published by atheist author A. C. Grayling.
- Daily Devotional - August, 10 2012 "Finding Beauty"8/9/2012 - As we walked through a small nature preserve near our house, my son surprised me when he said, “God was pretty amazing when He made swamps.
- Daily Devotional, August 09 2012 "Remember to Tell"8/8/2012 - Orion’s Belt is a prominent constellation in the night sky. I first took a special interest in this row of three bright stars during a time of great spiritual renewal in my life.
- Daily Devotional, August 08 2012 "Persistence"8/8/2012 - It was Henry Wadsworth Longfellow who said, “Perseverance is a great element of success. If you knock long enough and loud enough at the gate, you are sure to wake up somebody.”
- Daily Devotional, August 07 2012 "Tears in a Bottle"8/6/2012 - Lisa Linehan is on her way to the altar. She’s booked a wedding location, purchased a dress, and has even set the date.
- Daily Devotional, August 06 2012 "Criticism"8/5/2012 - One Sunday morning a pastor got up in the pulpit and apologized for the Band-Aid on his face.