Our Daily Journey Recent Devotionals
- Daily Devotional - November 12, 2012 "Fuel Up"11/11/2012 - I drive a diesel truck in Uganda, so when my sister’s boyfriend loaned me his diesel pick-up while I was in the United States recently, I thought I could manage it just fine.
- Daily Devotional - November 11, 2012 "Spin"11/10/2012 - As anyone who has ever been a parent can attest, children can be masters of the literal—especially when it comes to rules.
- Daily Devotional - November 10, 2012 "Food That Satisfies"11/9/2012 - Why do you work? This question was part of a lifestyle survey used to determine the happiness of workers.
- Daily Devotional - November 09, 2012 "My Sister Wisdom"11/8/2012 - My twin sister and I are very close. We attended the same schools, and we share many things in common—same room, same wardrobe, and— most importantly—same faith.
- Daily Devotional - November 08, 2012 "Right Thing, Wrong Reason "11/8/2012 - I was preaching one evening when a mentally ill man walked down the church aisle, slapped me in the face, pushed over the pulpit, and sent the congregation into a panic.
- Daily Devotional - November 07, 2012 "He's Gone"11/6/2012 - I had the heart-wrenching, joyous, bittersweet experience of losing my dad on January 6, 2012—his birthday.
- Daily Devotional - November 06, 2012 "Threethrowing"11/5/2012 - If you don’t know how to “threethrow,” don’t worry—it’s easy. You hold up your hand and pin down your pinky finger with your thumb.
- Daily Devotional - November 05, 2012 "The Strong Lion"11/4/2012 - Ethiopia suffers an alarmingly high rate of marriages by abduction (some estimates say 70 percent of marriages happen this way).
- Daily Devotional - November 04, 2012 "Laughing Gas"11/3/2012 - Normally I dread having dental work done. But a recent trip to the dentist to repair a fractured tooth may have permanently changed my attitude.
- Daily Devotional - November 03, 2012 "Beaten, But Not Defeated"11/2/2012 - Police checkpoints dot the roads throughout Uganda, making random motorist inspections unavoidable. Usually the officers are ensuring that drivers have insurance and valid driving permits.
- Daily Devotional - November 02, 2012 "The Ultimate Question"11/1/2012 - Fred Meijer was one of the wealthiest men in the world. His Meijer stores were the first to combine food and general merchandise under one roof.
- Daily Devotional - November 01, 2012 "Very Superstitious? "11/1/2012 - Many professional footballers have pre-game rituals that they believe will help them stay focused and bring them luck during their games. A player for a football team had a superstition that literally reeked.
- Daily Devotional - October 31, 2012 "The Walking Dead"10/30/2012 - The Walking Dead,a critically acclaimed, award-winning post-apocalyptic horror TV series, is set in the aftermath of a virus infection that turned humans into zombies—the walking dead.
- Daily Devotional - October 30, 2012 "The Little People"10/29/2012 - They had gathered on the lush, rolling slopes to hear Him. And He stood there on the hill, looking into the eyes of as many of them as He could.
- Daily Devotional - October 29, 2012 "Not Fair?"10/29/2012 - Today was a bit surreal as I sat with a friend in the doctor’s office, awaiting the results of her biopsy. You can talk about family plans, discuss the weather, and ask how the day went.
- Daily Devotional - October 28, 2012 "Sacred Flames"10/27/2012 - In November 2011, Mike and Nancy Rogers were married as the lodge in which they were supposed to be wed burned to the ground behind them.