Our Daily Journey Recent Devotionals
- Daily Devotional - June 10, 2013 "Not Leaving"6/9/2013 - I am just 3 months into my elected role as youth deaconess in the local church that I attend, and I’ve already received three requests from people who want to step down from serving.
- Daily Devotional - June 9, 2013 "Boys to Men"6/8/2013 - Studies of children who grow up in fatherless homes reveal that they often face major challenges in life.
- Daily Devotional - June 8, 2013 "If . . . Then"6/7/2013 - With our house on the market, my husband and I regularly spend time looking at online real-estate sites.
- Daily Devotional - June 6, 2013 "Remind Me"6/5/2013 - I’ve always needed to be reminded of things, but lately the problem has reached critical mass.
- Daily Devotional - June 7, 2013 "Bwana Asifiwe!"6/5/2013 - Bwana asifiwe!” is Swahili for Praise the Lord! As I traveled from the dry place of Tala to the slums of Kawangare to the densely populated and dangerous ghetto of Korogocho in Kenya, this is the way every believer greeted me.
- Daily Devotional - June 5, 2013 "Friends in the Fray"6/4/2013 - Tim Kreider wrote about modern-day busyness in a New York Timesopinion column. His piece titled “The ‘Busy’ Trap” included a personal experience in which he contacted a friend about getting together
- Daily Devotional - June 4, 2013 "New Kind of Father"6/3/2013 - Many people struggle in their daily life due to a poor relationship with their earthly fathers.
- Daily Devotional - June 3, 2013 "Arrogance and Ingratitude"6/2/2013 - Fabiola Gianotti led one of two teams that discovered the Higgs boson, the most exciting feat of modern physics.
- Daily Devotional - June 2, 2013 "Five Words"6/2/2013 - A 2012 survey of US Millennials—ages 18 to 24— uncovered an interesting trend. The study, led by the Public Religion Research Institute, revealed that one in four young adults chose “unaffiliated” for their religious commitment.
- Daily Devotional - June 1, 2013 "Hiding the Flame"5/31/2013 - The London 2012 Olympic cauldron was magnificent. Designed by Thomas Heatherwick, the spectacular sculpture was built out of 204 copper petals representing the number of competing countries.
- Daily Devotional - May 31, 2013 "One Before the Other"5/30/2013 - The question I felt needed to be answered affirmatively before I married Miska was this: Can I live without her?
- Daily Devotional - May 30, 2013 "Mirror, Mirror"5/29/2013 - When it comes to physical appearance, we’re constantly bombarded with advice. And truth be told, the suggestions found on magazine covers, in TV commercials, and voiced by store clerks— among other sources—bother me. They’re all trying to nudge me to pursue that perfect look.
- Daily Devotional - May 29, 2013 "40 Days"5/28/2013 - Forty is a significant number in the Bible. The great flood of Genesis was the result of 40 days of rain (Genesis 7:4).
- Daily Devotional - May 28, 2013 "Worry Less"5/28/2013 - According to the World Health Organization, Americans are more prone to anxiety than people in other nations. The study revealed that 31 percent of Americans suffer from this disorder at some point in their lifetime.
- Daily Devotional - May 27, 2013 "Make the Time"5/26/2013 - Are you busy? We can easily become overwhelmed with all the responsibilities that loom over us on any given day.
- Daily Devotional - May 26, 2013 "Judgment of Justice"5/25/2013 - An acquaintance of mine, who is highly intelligent and has a philosophical bent, also carries antipathy toward God and religion.