Our Daily Journey Recent Devotionals
- Daily Devotional - April 24, 2013 "The Big Chill"4/23/2013 - Recently, scientists discovered the answer to why we occasionally experience that dreaded “brain freeze” when eating ice cream.
- Daily Devotional - April 23, 2013 "Whose Will?"4/22/2013 - Generation Ex-Christianis a book about younger believers leaving Christianity. Drew Dyck, the author of the book, chronicles one interview he had with a young man who left Christianity to join the Wiccans: “Ultimately why I left is that the Christian God demands that you submit to His will.
- Daily Devotional - April 22, 2013 "The Critical Move"4/21/2013 - Mystery novelist Agatha Christie once suggested that the best way to tell a story that will leave an audience guessing to the end is to conceal the “critical move” with a “big move.”
- Daily Devotional - April 21, 2013 "Redeeming Love"4/21/2013 - Go and love the person who has disappointed you!” “Huh? No way. I don’t want to be hurt again!” Without a shadow of a doubt, it’s difficult to love someone with a proven track record of disappointing you.
- Daily Devotional - April 20, 2013 "Losing Ourselves"4/19/2013 - James Hunter, a sociology professor at a large university, highlights the shift from shared moral foundations to individual choices that shift and vacillate.
- Daily Devotional - April 19, 2013 "Titanic 101"4/18/2013 - When the Titanic sank on April 15, 1912, evangelist John Harper was among the 1,522 people who died.
- Daily Devotional - April 18, 2013 "Unexpected Blessings"4/17/2013 - It’s likely we’ve read Jesus’ Beatitudes as a list of virtues— attitudes and actions that He wants us to pursue.
- Daily Devotional - April 17, 2013 "If My People"4/16/2013 - I was speaking with three friends about the lamentable condition of our country.
- Daily Devotional - April 16, 2013 "God’s Garden"4/16/2013 - Last spring I planted an herb garden, even though I don’t have a “green thumb.” In fact, I only sporadically watered the plants when their environment reached desertlike conditions. But, fortunately,
- Daily Devotional - April 15, 2013 "Needing God"4/14/2013 - When Palestinian Tass Saada was just 17 years old, he joined the Fatah movement in the West Bank.
- Daily Devotional - April 14, 2013 "No Tampering"4/13/2013 - Kim Peek, the megasavant who inspired the film Rain Man,once went to a performance of a Shakespearean play.
- Daily Devotional - April 13, 2013 "Must-See Destinations"4/12/2013 - The title of a 2010 LIFE special edition magazine reads: “Heaven on Earth: The World’s Must-See Destinations.”
- Daily Devotional - April 12, 2013 "Magical Green Stick"4/11/2013 - When the Russian novelist Leo Tolstoy was a child, he believed in a magical green stick that could destroy all evil.
- Daily Devotional - April 11, 2013 "Driving God Out"4/10/2013 - Is it possible to drive God away? The answer is a resounding “Yes!” Ezekiel gives us one sure way— idolatry. In a fascinating account, the prophet recorded what made God leave the room.
- Daily Devotional - April 9, 2013 "Why Baptism?"4/9/2013 - The announcement couldn’t have been clearer: “Water baptism is not an option for the believer in Jesus.
- Daily Devotional - April 8, 2013 "New Name, New Life"4/7/2013 - Each year, thousands of people change their names. Some of these changes reflect a deep desire for a new life.