Our Daily Journey Recent Devotionals
- Deflecting Praise5/8/2014 - Why is it important for us to seek the approval of God alone?
- Free to Live the Truth5/7/2014 - You have been called to live in freedom, my brothers and sisters.
- Eileen and Esther5/6/2014 - When God calls us to defend the disadvantaged or to speak out in favor of His goodness, we can prepare our hearts for the occasion by humbling ourselves, praying, and seeking God’s face.
- Prevention and Cure5/5/2014 - Prevention is better than cure. Jesus would readily agree. We can’t entertain temptation. We must walk away from it.
- Happy Endings5/4/2014 - What does Jesus’ resurrection mean to you? How does the happy ending Jesus has made possible affect the way you think and live?
- Enough to Share5/3/2014 - Give generously to the poor, not grudgingly, for the LORD your God will bless you in everything you do (v.10).
- Lord of the Storms5/2/2014 - We don’t have to be afraid as those waves rock us, for Jesus is Lord of our storms. Let’s place our trust in the One who provides peace in the midst of them.
- Encouraged5/1/2014 - No matter what we find in the news, Jesus’ good news extends true encouragement to all people.
- The Right Time4/30/2014 - “Promise me, O women of Jerusalem, not to awaken love until the time is right.”
- The Lord is my Pacesetter4/29/2014 - The Lord is my Pacesetter, I shall not rush. He makes me stop and rest for quiet intervals.
- Faith and Diligence4/28/2014 - “God is God. Because He is God, He is worthy of my trust and obedience. I will find rest nowhere but in His holy will that is unspeakably beyond my largest notions of what He is up to.”
- Ask God First4/27/2014 - Take the time to inquire of the Lord, and He will guide you and make your paths straight (Proverbs 3:5-6).
- "The"4/26/2014 - The resurrection of Christ motivates us to live well precisely because it takes care of the big stuff. It solves our problem of sin.
- Secure4/25/2014 - Psalm 68:19 says, “Praise the Lord . . . for each day he carries us in his arms.”
- Roots that Drink from Heaven4/24/2014 - Scripture tells us that marriage is—at its core—not foremost about a human action but God’s action.
- Finish Well4/23/2014 - Pastor and author Max Lucado suggests that life is less about finishing everything and more about finishing the right things well.