Our Daily Journey Recent Devotionals
- Father of Lies10/19/2014 - Let’s be clear: The devil and his demonic companions are not messengers to be befriended, but forces to be resisted (James 4:7).
- Paying Pain Forward10/18/2014 - Jonathan in 1 Samuel shows us that a person can choose to treat people well even if they’ve endured past hurts.
- Bridging the Chasm10/17/2014 - Jesus didn’t leave a caldera between His Father and us; He bridged the chasm.
- Unfathomable - Yet Intimate10/16/2014 - God tells us plainly that His ways are too complex for us to grasp (Isaiah 55:8-9).
- A Shameful Example10/15/2014 - The shameful consequences of our disobedience of God’s commands may also be seen by others—providing a stark warning for them.
- Not Idle Words10/14/2014 - It doesn’t matter how many copies of the Bible you own, but it’s vital that you read, know, and obey it.
- Why?10/13/2014 - There are times when we ask God, Why? He understands and sympathizes with us (Hebrews 4:15).
- Heaven Scent10/12/2014 - Like a vapor rising from a bottle of perfume, our task as Christians is to infuse the world with an awareness of our Savior.
- The Good Life10/11/2014 - The crux of our life is whether or not we know that our life comes from God and that we depend on Him alone.
- Ministry Without Borders10/10/2014 - I’ve learned that I should never be too quick to assume that I know where God will call me or to whom He will call me.
- Life and Love10/9/2014 - Thankfully, as believers in Jesus we have every reason to be optimistic amid life’s storms.
- Bad Religion10/8/2014 - Read James 1:19–2:26 to learn what true religion looks like.
- Apathetic10/7/2014 - Many in our world are apathetic to the things of God, and the only way we can stir them to zeal and fervency is through winsomely and graciously preaching the power of the cross of Jesus Christ.
- Run10/6/2014 - Placed in a broken world, the church carries a strong responsibility to share the answer for those who have felt the stinging effects of sin.
- Heart Condition10/5/2014 - Just as it’s good to tend to our physical hearts that pump oxygen-rich blood throughout our body, it’s also good to tend to the health of our spiritual “heart.”
- Dog Whisperer 10/4/2014 - “Reign over the fish in the sea, the birds in the sky, and all the animals that scurry along the ground,” is part of humanity’s God-given job description (Genesis 1:28).