Our Daily Journey Recent Devotionals
- In the Café 7/21/2014 - Read John 10:10 and consider what Jesus offers to all who are thirsty for real life.
- Clear Communication7/20/2014 - Many battles in life stem from false assumptions that are made due to lack of communication.
- Powerful Shaft of Light7/19/2014 - Where in your world do you need a powerful shaft of light today? How does God’s light push back the darkness of the world?
- Pass the Bacon7/18/2014 - We’re free to eat with almost anyone (see the exception in 1 Corinthians 5:9-11), but we must pay attention to who is influencing whom.
- Safe7/17/2014 - We put our hope in the LORD. He is our help and our shield (v.20).
- Playing the Part7/16/2014 - Genuine faith is revealed as we face challenges in life (1 Peter 1:7). Have recent trials exposed your faith or the fact that you’ve simply been playing the part?
- One7/15/2014 - Oneness. It’s meant to be the heartbeat of God’s people. And Paul wrote that humble, gentle, patient, and peaceful attitudes are what will help a heart of unity to beat strong
- The Spirit's First Gift7/14/2014 - Does my heart reflect Jesus’ heart? Am I reaching out to those who are different from me—preaching in word and demonstrating in deed that God’s grace transcends all cultural and racial boundaries?
- Use My Room7/13/2014 - True hospitality springs from an attitude of open acceptance toward others. It’s okay to start small.
- Search and Rescue7/12/2014 - We have all wandered away, been lost, imprisoned by our sin, in danger of death, helpless and hopeless—but we have also been rescued!
- The Vital Balance7/11/2014 - “Love means doing what God has commanded us, and he has commanded us to love one another”
- He Knows You7/10/2014 - How does it feel to be known so well and still loved? God knows you intimately. How well do you know Him?
- A Bad Rep7/9/2014 - For centuries, the church has sometimes had the unfortunate reputation of bitter wrangling and vicious disagreement.
- Endure Toward Joy7/8/2014 - The apostle James spoke of the need for enduring hardship and pain so that we will grow “perfect and complete”
- Families and Pendulums 7/7/2014 - Can you articulate the values that your parents passed on to you—not just the values they taught but the values you caught?
- Planted7/6/2014 - Because the work of the church is God-appointed, it must be Spirit-led and not directed by man