“Healthy people don’t need a doctor—sick people do,” Jesus said. “I have come to call not those who think they are righteous, but those who know they are sinners”
- Daily Devotional, December 7, 201012/7/2010 - Seventeen-year old Shirin arrived at Afghanistan’s Heart Regional Hospital with 90 percent of her body covered in third-degree burns. The official story given to hospital staff was that Shirin had suffered a cooking accident. Later in private, however, the teenager told doctors that she had set herself aflame.
- Daily Devotional, December 6, 201012/3/2010 - In 1998, Dr. Larry Crabb wrote the book Inside Out. The book encourages Christians to stop pretending they have it all together and to be honest about what’s going on in their hearts. As they do so, Crabb reveals, God can free them up to become more of who they were meant to be.
- Daily Devotional, December 3, 201012/3/2010 - I normally take my kids to school 30 minutes before class begins. One morning we left the house later than normal. When we picked them up from school, my middle son insisted that they had not made it to class on time, and he had proof. He proudly presented “exhibit A”: He had seen our daughter with a detention slip in her hand.
- Daily Devotional, December 2, 201012/2/2010 - Though I am always in haste, I am never in a hurry.” I wish I could make these words of John Wesley my own. Most days for me are full, with numerous duties, deadlines, phone calls, e-mails, plans, and diary items to act on. Many times that peace that passes understanding (Philippians 4:7) is pushed aside by busy thoughts and knots in the stomach.
- Daily Devotional, December 1, 201012/1/2010 - After fighting with his wife, one man in Saudi Arabia decided to apologize. Unfortunately, his wife had already moved back in with her parents. So he created a banner with his plea for forgiveness printed on it, hung it near his in-laws’ house, and commented, “I hope she will accept my apology and come back home.”
- Daily Devotional, November 3011/30/2010 - Last November, the news about Tiger Wood’s numerous extramarital affairs began to leak out. It became evident that the golfer with the squeaky clean image wasn’t so perfect after all.
- Daily Devotional, November 2911/29/2010 - In Eugene Peterson’s Eat This Book, he tells the story of his 7-year-old grandson Hans who appeared to be devoutly reading his New Testament as he sat on a park bench.
- Daily Devotional, November 2611/26/2010 - A benefit of being a teacher, I know that Thanksgiving vacation is always an anticipated respite from the routine of waking early, grading papers, and planning lessons. What I hadn’t planned for was the impending disagreements that would arise from our two children being home in close quarters with extra time. No matter how much I tried to reason with them, they couldn’t seem to agree on anything.
- test test test11/25/2010 - test
- Daily Devotional, November 2511/25/2010 - I was reading upstairs when my neighbor came to pick up his son. The child must not have wanted to go yet, for I heard his small voice declare, “Someone’s going to die!” My neighbor did not correct his little boy, but smiled sheepishly as he steered him toward the door. This father is failing his son. As the God-appointed authority in his child’s life
- Daily Devotional, November 2411/24/2010 - At 17, she was in the midst of a brief season of rebellion. One night, instead of staying at a friend’s house, as she had told her parents, she went to a party thrown by a guy in his twenties. Although drinking and drug use took place, she abstained and eventually fell asleep
- Daily Devotional, November 2311/23/2010 - The Picture of Pride Hoping to catch a prowler, the South Wales police published his image in a local newspaper. But the burglar was unsatisfied with the photo, so he submitted a better one...
- Daily Devotional, November 2211/22/2010 - Spiritual Pursuit On this day in 1963, the world was shocked by the news that John F. Kennedy, the 35th President of the United States, had been killed by an assassin's bullet. Though it's ...
- Daily Devotional, November 1911/19/2010 - Deja Vu David was caught in a living nightmare. Once again, Saul was hot on his heels. The king had taken 3,000 of Israel's elite troops and was hunting David down in the wilderness of Ziph...
- Daily Devotional, November 1811/18/2010 - When Tragedy Strikes In January 2010, people from around the world were deployed to provide relief to the citizens and land of Haiti. The tragic effects of a powerful earthquake in that cou...
- Daily Devotional, November 1611/16/2010 - The Model Church What church in the New Testament stands out as the model for the rest? This question was asked during a church growth seminar. It was no surprise that no one attempted to g...
No playlists found for this account.