Begging the Question?Do you ever feel pressure to share your faith in ways that seem awkward to you?
Top Music Videos
Today's DevotionalBegging the Question?
Do you ever feel pressure to share your faith in ways that seem awkward to you?... read more
THURSDAY, JULY 28
Begging the Question?
John 5:31-40 I have a greater witness than John—my teachings and my miracles (v.36).
People sometimes say “That beg... read more
- Daily Devotional - February 26, 2013 Featuring Aaron Shust "Risen Today"Most of us have experienced the death of someone close to us. Even if we believe we will be reunited again in the Hereafter...... read more
- Daily Devotional - February 25, 2013 "Experiencing Community"Respondents to a recent Barna Group survey listed the following as key elements of their church life: connecting with God, experiencing transformation, gaining new insights, and feeling cared for.... read more
- Daily Devotional - February 24, 2013 "The World and I"I didn’t realize how far I was removed from reality until I read The Hunger Games. It jolted me into doing some research.... read more
- Daily Devotional - February 23, 2013 "Suffering With God"Pain. We take pills to ease it, hold prayer meetings to heal it, develop strategies to avoid it, and think up philosophies to explain it.... read more
- Daily Devotional - February 22, 2013 "Counting the Cost"Jesus’ good friend Lazarus had died (John 11:14,17). And so He performed an amazing miracle by raising Lazarus from the dead (vv.43-44)—leading many who came to the funeral to believe in Him (v.45).... read more
- Daily Devotional - February 21, 2013 "Lawn Libraries"Nancy Johnson went for a walk and discovered a little library in a neighbor’s yard. It’s estimated that there are now between 300 to 400 small libraries lodged in people’s lawns around the world.... read more
- Daily Devotional - February 20, 2013 "The God Who Suffered"People tell me that you can turn any smoothie or shake into a snack loaded with vitamins and antioxidants.... read more
- Daily Devotional - February 19, 2013 "Pray for Them"In his book Life Together, Dietrich Bonhoeffer states: “A Christian fellowship lives and exists by the intercession of its members for one another, or it collapses. I can no longer condemn or hate a brother for whom I pray, no matter how much trouble he causes me.... read more
- Daily Devotional - February 18, 2013 "Justice and Faith"As a friend and I watched our children play in the pool, I had no idea that I would soon be swimming in my capris.... read more
- Daily Devotional - February 17, 2013 "Taking the Wheel"Last spring, Jeremy Wuitschick was riding on his school bus with 11 other middle-school students when the bus driver passed out. Wuitschick sprang from his seat and ran up and took the wheel from the unconscious driver.... read more
- Daily Devotional - February 16, 2013 "Forgive and Forget?"Sergei said to his pastor, “It’s been 2 years since Danica cheated on me, and I still can’t get past the hurt. Some days I think I’ve moved on, but the pain is always lurking beneath the surface, ready to explode in the most unexpected moments.... read more
- Daily Devotional - February 15, 2013 "A Prize Awaits"How do I decide what to write in my ODJ article? Each month, I move down the list of 66 books in the Bible, and pick a passage from three books to write on.... read more
- Daily Devotional - February 14, 2013 "Pearls to Pigs"I have always been perplexed by today’s reading in Matthew 7. What are these “pearls” being spoken of and who are the “pigs” we’re not to throw them to?... read more
- Daily Devotional - February 13, 2013 "Marked"Wednesday is commemorated 40 days before Good Friday. The officiating minister marks the forehead of each person with ashes in the sign of the cross.... read more
- Daily Devotional - February 12, 2013 "Recalculating Relationships"husbands. He said something like this: GPS: “Compliment your wife’s appearance.” Comedian: “Hey, honey, you look really good.”... read more
- Daily Devotional - February 11, 2013 "Back From the Dead"The young Argentinean couple grieved over their baby. The medical staff pronounced the baby stillborn and hurried the body away.... read more