Peter defined the good news as “peace with God through Jesus Christ.” Human beings are all born into sin and rebellion against God—we’re at war with Him. But peace is now possible because of what Jesus did on the cross.
- Daily Devotional - September 05, 2011 "Bitter Water"9/4/2011 - The first time I met her, something in our interaction truly bothered me. A day later, I was praying to God and searching my heart to see why I felt so unsettled around my new acquaintance. After all, it had been a pretty typical social gathering, and I usually enjoy getting to know people.
- Daily Devotional - September 02, 2011 "Fooling Ourselves"9/1/2011 - Last year, a bizarre TV game show began airing in France. Contestants were given questions and all went well if they answered correctly. But a wrong answer proved to be deadly. For the erring contestants were then commanded to throw a switch that appeared to force another contestant—strapped in the “hot seat”—to endure a lethal 420 volts of electricity.
- Daily Devotional - September 01, 2011 "Among Us"8/31/2011 - For 2 months in Uganda, I was without a car and had to travel by foot or by using public transportation. I squeezed into crowded matatus (minivan taxis) and weaved through traffic on the backs of boda bodas (motorcycle taxis).
- Daily Devotional - August 31, 2011 "Spotless"8/30/2011 - I accidentally dropped my cell phone into the garbage can. It slid straight to the bottom, and when I pulled it out, it was covered with some kind of disgusting mystery goo. Horrified, I set to work spraying, scrubbing, and disinfecting. I didn’t stop until the phone was spotless. God called the people of Israel to “sanitize” themselves.
- Daily Devotional - August 30, 2011 "Persevering"8/29/2011 - The film October Sky tells the remarkable story of a teenage boy’s dream to build rockets. After watching Sputnik, the first earth-orbiting artificial satellite, race across the night sky in 1957, a deep desire was ignited within Homer Hickam to make rockets and become a part of NASA’s space program.
- Daily Devotional - August 29, 2011 "Seeing Clearly"8/28/2011 - Mom, turn the mirror so I can see better.” Riding behind me in the car, my son asked me to set the rearview mirror so he could see himself in it. When my adjustments did not allow him a full view of himself, he asked me to try again.
- Daily Devotional - August 26, 2011 "Reconciliation"8/25/2011 - Jacob conned his older twin brother and got his birthright (Genesis 25:29-33). Then he cheated Esau a second time when he tricked their father into giving him the blessings that belonged to Esau—the firstborn (27:36). In anger, the older brother swore to kill Jacob (27:41). So their mother advised Jacob to hide out at his uncle’s place (vv.43-45) for a period of time that stretched to 20 long years.
- Daily Devotional - August 25, 2011 "Handling Disapointment"8/25/2011 - You’re having a Bible study with someone, and they say, “I simply don’t believe in Jesus.” Or perhaps you discover that a young person you’ve been discipling is having premarital sex. And you wonder: Have I done something wrong? Have I failed in my efforts to teach God’s Word?
- Daily Devotional, August 24, 2011 "Big Toe Lack of Faith"8/24/2011 - A co-worker was having a conversation with her son about spiritual things. Striving to express his present lack of both belief and commitment to Jesus, the young man said, “God isn’t in my life right now; He’s just in my big toe.”
- Daily Devotional, August 23, 2011 "Till Death"8/23/2011 - Part of the joy of being a pastor is walking alongside of couples as they step into marriage. Few experiences touch the soul more than the wonder and joy (and fear) of embracing life with another person. At the center of the wedding ceremony is the moment when each person turns to the other and states a vow— a promise of devotion and faithfulness.
- Daily Devotional, August 22, 2011 "Predator & Prey"8/21/2011 - I watched a ladybug devour an aphid. First, she pierced its midsection and chewed for a while. When her prey was mortally wounded, the ladybug munched up the left side of the aphid’s body and devoured it. In the book of Proverbs, Solomon described the interaction between a female predator and her sexual prey.
- Daily Devotional, August 19, 2011 "Child Guide"8/18/2011 - According to UNICEF, 4 million newborns die each year within their first month of life and 8.8 million die before their first birthday. Nineteen million infants in the developing world are born underweight and 148 million children under age 5 suffer malnutrition. There are 101 million children who aren’t attending primary school and 2 million living with HIV.
- Daily Devotional, August 18, 2011 "The Only Way?"8/17/2011 - Meryl Streep played a nun in the movie Doubt, so, of course, she was asked her opinion on religion. She answered that the teachings of various religions “form a kind of fence that divides us from each other,” and that as a mother “I deeply resent the idea that if you’re not a member of a church, temple, ashram, synagogue or—what else is there?—that you are somehow denying your children the meaning of life. I feel I’m a deeply moral person.
- Daily Devotional, August 17, 2011 "Even Better"8/16/2011 - The text message from my brother was terse: “Dad just passed away. Come to ward now.” My 84-year old father had vacillated between life and death for 2 months. He finally took his final breath. Dad had lost his battle with cancer, and losing him deeply saddened me.
- Daily Devotional, August 16, 2011 "Taking God For Granted"8/15/2011 - I’m not going to join the track team again! I said that to myself countless times during my years in school. But every track season, there I was, back on the team. Why did I have a love/hate relationship with track?
- Daily Devotional, August 15, 2011 "Staying Close"8/14/2011 - Over the past few months my wife and I have been the Master and Mistress of Ceremonies for three weddings. Not only are we considering doing this fulltime (just kidding!), we truly enjoyed helping the couples design marriage ceremonies and receptions that reflect who they are.
No playlists found for this account.