Have you given your dreams to God—both the fulfilled ones and the unfulfilled?
- Daily Devotional, June 5, 2012 "True Beauty"6/4/2012 - Some 30,000 people recently were informed that they weren’t as attractive as they thought. This image-shattering news came courtesy of the staff of a cyber dating service for “beautiful men and women.”
- Daily Devotional, June 4, 2012 "River in the Sand"6/3/2012 - With our swimsuits on and the sand between our toes, my family and I decided to try a beach experiment. We picked a spot about 20 feet from the shoreline and set to work digging with plastic spades.
- Daily Devotional, June 1, 2012 "The Wealthy Poor"5/31/2012 - My close friends Rob and Christi Gebhart and their three young children spent 6 weeks at my home in Uganda this past year. Christi blogged that she and Rob were most moved by the poignant observations their sons made of the Ugandan people.
- Daily Devotional, May 31, 2012 "Leaders Conference"5/30/2012 - British historian Arnold Toynbee once observed that the rise and fall of societies has a one-toone correlation with the quality of its leadership.
- Daily Devotional, May 30, 2012 "The Big Three"5/29/2012 - My good friend Dan Keating is one of the most accomplished charter boat captains for salmon and trout on Lake Michigan. Over the past 25-plus years, he’s averaged an astounding 17 fish caught per charter.
- Daily Devotional, May 29, 2012 "Jesus Peace"5/29/2012 - It was dark. The garden was dark. The mood was dark. Jesus had risen, but the Light hadn’t flooded in . . . not yet. John and Peter had seen an empty tomb, and in it they found only folded grave clothes.
- Daily Devotional, May 28, 2012 "Lowered to be Raised"5/27/2012 - This is going to be good.” While enjoying some coffee and catching up on life’s changes, I shared with my friend about a difficult choice I had made regarding my ministry responsibilities.
- Daily Devotional, May 25, 2012 "Another Advocate"5/24/2012 - When I was asked to say a few words at the farewell dinner for a friend who was emigrating, I Googled for some help. Here’s a sampling of what I found:
- Daily Devotional, May 24, 2012 "What Do You Worship?"5/23/2012 - Whether it’s a supernatural being . . . science, money, wisdom, information, ritual, power or love,” says social commentator Hugh Mackay, “most of us assign the status of god to something in our lives.”
- Daily Devotional, May 23, 2012 "Casualty Hookups"5/22/2012 - According to Dannah Gresh, casual hookups can lead to casualties. In an article for CNN titled Nothing Brief about a Hookup, the author presents a compelling scientific case for the bonding process that occurs between two people who have sex—a process of special chemicals being released during the encounter.
- Daily Devotional, May 22, 2012 "Time in a Bottle"5/21/2012 - Last year, Daniil Korotkikh, a 13-year-old Russian boy, was beachcombing on the Curonian Spit when he stumbled upon an old bottle poking out of the sand. He picked it up, uncorked it, and discovered a letter written 24 years earlier.
- Daily Devotional, May 21, 2012 "Grumble Rumble"5/20/2012 - Grumble Rumble is a website that allows you to air your complaints. It claims: “Our goal is to help you improve your life surroundings and reduce your stress by providing an easy, simple platform to register and resolve complaints.”
- Daily Devotional, May 18, 2012 "Excuses"5/18/2012 - Cyclist Tyler Hamilton had steadily advanced through the ranks of the US Postal Service team, and now he was on the verge of being included on the squad that would race in the Tour de France.
- Daily Devotional, May 17, 2012 "Highly Contagious"5/17/2012 - I rolled up my sleeve and looked away. The injection of immunoglobulin was going to sting, and I knew it. I knew, however, that it could prevent a battle with Hepatitis A.
- Daily Devotional, May 16, 2012 "Eyewitnesses"5/15/2012 - An eyewitness is one whose firsthand knowledge of a crime or an important event is used to ascertain the actual facts surrounding the event in a court of law. One witness is usually insufficient.
- Daily Devotional, May 15, 2012 "Meaning of Life"5/14/2012 - The meaning of your life is the meaning you give it,” writes philosopher A. C. Grayling in his book Thinking of Answers.
No playlists found for this account.