The righteous person faces many troubles, but the LORD comes to the rescue each time (v.19).
- Daily Devotional, July 31, 2012 "Patience"7/30/2012 - I’ve figured out that secondary school boys are part of God’s plan to increase patience in my life.
- Daily Devotional, July 30, 2012 "language of the heart"7/29/2012 - I’m more impressed by works than by words, which I often gloss over as nothing more than hot air.
- Daily Devotional, July 26, 2012 "Let Them Come"7/25/2012 - I recently read of a restaurant owner who instituted a policy that wouldn’t have been well liked by Jesus. Instead of letting young children dine at his restaurant, he announced he was banning little ones under 6 years old from the upscale casual restaurant.
- Daily Devotional, July 27, 2012 "Earthly Loss, Heavenly Gain"7/25/2012 - What is the most valuable thing in your life? Some would say family—a spouse, children or parent. Others would list career, education or material possessions.
- Daily Devotional, July 25, 2012 "The Lord’s House"7/24/2012 - My local church finally moved into our own building. After more than 10 years of renting, our first meeting in the new building was a prayer gathering.
- Daily Devotional, July 24, 2012 "Blessings on the Mourners"7/23/2012 - A man with whom I attended college committed suicide recently. He killed himself on the 3-year anniversary of the day his wife died.
- Daily Devotional, July 23, 2012 "No Other God"7/22/2012 - In his fascinating book, Modes of Faith, Theodore Ziolkowski reviews the lives of 19th-century European writers who had lost faith in God.
- Daily Devotional, July 20, 2012 "Give Me the Hill"7/19/2012 - I climbed 3 meters up the massive wooden pole and froze in fear. The platform was still 10 meters higher.
- Daily Devotional, July 19, 2012 "Asking for Prayer"7/18/2012 - A friend recently shared the following true story that illustrates the importance of having others pray for us.
- Daily Devotional, July 18, 2012 "Perfect Harmony"7/17/2012 - Amy Chua’s 7-year-old daughter Lulu was struggling to master a difficult piece of classical piano music.
- Daily Devotional, July 17, 2012 "Good Christian, Bad Citizen?"7/16/2012 - As a conquered people, the Jews were heavily taxed by the Romans. The annual poll tax of one denarius (a day’s salary for a common laborer), was most hated—not because of its amount, but because it was a shameful reminder that they were a subjugated people.
- Daily Devotional, July 16, 2012 "Transience"7/15/2012 - When Sinclair Lewis, Nobel Prize winner for Literature, died and was cremated in 1951, his ashes were sent to Rome’s American embassy for disposal.
- Daily Devotional, July 12, 2012 "Beyond Reciprocity" 7/13/2012 - If there’s one law that pervades the world, it’s the law of reciprocity. Simply put, reciprocity is the notion of mutual exchange or fair return. It’s the basis of many social interactions:
- Daily Devotional, July 12, 2012 "All Ages, All Stages"7/12/2012 - We need all ages to help make our faith grow. So say Dr. Kara Powell and Dr. Chap Clark.
- Daily Devotional, July 11, 2012 "Community"7/10/2012 - I went through a phase where I stopped going to church. I had no friends yet in the new city where I had moved and I simply didn’t want to walk into a sanctuary alone.
- Daily Devotional, July 10, 2012 "Costly Mistakes"7/9/2012 - I’ve never stood in high places or wielded authority over the masses, but in my little corner of the world I’ve felt its pull. Whether I’m trying to keep my heart from pain, make my husband agree with me, or prevent my children from experiencing hardship, the root is the same—control.
No playlists found for this account.