Cling to your faith in Christ, and keep your conscience clear
- Daily Devotional, August 3, 2011 "Can You Relate?"8/2/2011 - Recently, I went to great lengths to help a friend. My efforts cost me significant time, money, and energy. And what did I get in return when it was all said and done? Nothing. Not even a “thank you.”
- Daily Devotional, August 2, 2011 "Pseudo Praise "8/1/2011 - When Hitler sought to placate Austrian minister Kurt von Schuschnigg by complimenting and praising him publicly, a disgusted Winston Churchill muttered, “When a snake wants to eat his victims, he first covers them in saliva.” The Bible calls Hitler’s use of insincere praise flattery—words said and actions done to gain favor with others and advantage over them.
- Daily Devotional, August 1, 2011 "Art & Balance"7/31/2011 - Organizers call it a “radically open art competition.” It’s also highly democratic. ArtPrize lures artists to my hometown with the possibility of winning substantial cash—if the attendees like what you create. Art aficionados can wander past hundreds of exhibits scattered throughout the city, but they can vote for only one.
- Daily Devotional, July 29, 2011 "Imperfect Prayer Studies"7/28/2011 - A 1988 study by Dr. Randolph Byrd found coronary care patients were 11 percent more likely to recover when they had received the prayers of others. A 2006 study led by Dr. Herbert Benson suggested there was no improvement for patients at all.
- Daily Devotional, July 28, 2011 "Trapped"7/27/2011 - Last summer, 33 miners in Chile became trapped when the copper mine they were working in was rocked by a landslide. Entombed 700 meters (2,300 feet) below ground, the miners faced many weeks of mental and physical stress prior to their rescue.
- Daily Devotional, July 27, 2011 "Solid Ground"7/26/2011 - Feelings lie. This truth became evident as my husband and I talked with a young man who, after becoming sexually active with his girlfriend, was brokenhearted at how far he had moved from following God’s Word.
- Daily Devotional, July 26, 2011 "Is It Worth It"7/26/2011 - Lou Gehrig may not have died from Lou Gehrig’s disease. The Hall of Fame pro baseball player is the namesake for amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS), a debilitating neurological disease that slowly paralyzes its victims and ultimately leads to death.
- Daily Devotional, July 25, 2011 "To The Heart"7/24/2011 - The year was 1897. In a village garbage dump at Oxyrhynchus, Egypt, two British archaeologists unearthed some scraps of paper—the discarded contents of a wastepaper basket.
- Daily Devotional, July 22, 2011 "Invisible Fire"7/21/2011 - Marty, my hairdresser, told me about this guy she knows—he has flames tattooed on his scalp. With a full head of hair, no one can see the inferno on his skull.
- Daily Devotional, July 21, 2011 "Hurt to Help"7/20/2011 - One of professor Haddon Robinson’s seminary students once came to speak with him about her husband’s assignments. She told him that her husband was under a lot of pressure and had been working hard, but he was running behind on getting his work done. But rather than asking Haddon to cut her husband some slack, she asked him not to.
- Daily Devotional, July 20, 2011 "The Doubter's Prayer"7/19/2011 - Over the centuries, some biblical prayers have become particularly loved by Christians. The Lord’s Prayer is one them (Matthew 6:9-13). The Jesus Prayer (“Lord Jesus, have mercy on me, a sinner”), based on Luke 18:13, is highly regarded by the Eastern Orthodox Church.
- Daily Devotional, July 19, 2011 "Shredding Spaghetti"7/18/2011 - In a recent debate, Christian mathematician John Lennox argued for the reality of God with atheist scientist Richard Dawkins. In his writing and speaking, Dawkins will often talk about the “Flying Spaghetti Monster” as an analogy for belief in God.
- Daily Devotional, July 18, 2011 "Featuring Steven Curtis Chapman - Do Everything "7/17/2011 - I wrote the song “Do Everything” really to remind myself and also to encourage others that everything matters; everything we do can be done as an act of worship. 1 Corinthians 10 says, “Whatever you do, do it for the glory of God.”
- Daily Devotional, July 15, 2011 "Should I?"7/14/2011 - 1 Samuel 23:1-14 David asked, “Will the leaders of Keilah betray me and my men to Saul?” And the Lord replied, “Yes, they will betray you” (v.12).
- Daily Devotional, July 14, 2011 "New Way To Be Human"7/13/2011 - Last year, my wife Miska and I traveled to London. We enjoyed the standard sights (Westminster Abbey was a favorite), but mainly we spent our days walking the neighborhoods, visiting shops and cafes, soaking in a different way of life...
- Daily Devotional, July 13, 2011 "Featuring Matt Redman - Never Once"7/12/2011 - One of the major themes running throughout the bible is the faithfulness of God. He's constantly constant, and always who He says He will be.
No playlists found for this account.