When I see the rainbow in the clouds, I will remember the eternal covenant between God and every living creature on earth.
- Daily Devotional, October 10, 2011 "My Three Sons"10/9/2011 - Okay, I admit the title of this devo is misleading. I don’t have sons. I am the proud father of three lovely girls! And by the grace of God, I strive to be the kind of parent God wants me to be. Now since I have raised only daughters, I’ve been told that my parenting expertise is restricted to raising girls.
- Daily Devotional, October 7, 2011 "Never Forgotten"10/6/2011 - One day, a taxi dropped world-renowned cellist Yo-Yo Ma off at New York City’s Peninsula Hotel. But as the cab drove off, Yo-Yo realized he had left his cello in its backseat. It was worth 2.5 million dollars! The hotel staff jumped to action.
- Daily Devotional, October 6, 2011 "An Unlikely Deliverer"10/5/2011 - God wants Moses to return to the city and stand in front of the mighty pharaoh and give a speech that essentially commands Pharaoh to let the Hebrew people go. Moses, feeling overwhelmed and unqualified, musters up the courage to respectfully decline: “Pardon your servant, Lord. I have never been eloquent, neither in the past nor since you have spoken to your servant. I am slow of speech and tongue . . . Pardon your servant, Lord. Please send someone else.”
- Daily Devotional, October 5, 2011 "In The Arena"10/5/2011 - Theodore Roosevelt got things done. He was the driving force behind the completion of the ambitious Panama Canal project, won the Nobel Peace Prize, and served as Assistant Secretary of the US Navy.
- Daily Devotional, October 4, 2011 "The Right Heart"10/3/2011 - Having grown up in a musical home, I started writing songs at an early age. Some have taken months—even years—to compose. Others have come together in minutes, as the lyrics leaped onto the page. One day, after contemplating what God truly desires from us in worship, I experienced one of those “instant song” (just add melody) moments as these lyrics flowed from my pen: It’s in the heart, not in the voice. It’s out of love, not out of choice.
- Daily Devotional, October 3, 2011 "The Last Laugh"9/30/2011 - God chose to do what we would consider impossible. He chose an old childless couple to be the parents of this new nation he envisioned. Where you or I might have picked out a young newlywed couple brimming with health and the energy to have lots of kids, God makes a dramatic point by picking Abram, age seventy-five, and his wife, Sarai, age sixty-five. The real kicker is that not only were they past their prime parenting years; they couldn’t even have children due to Sarai’s infertility.
- Daily Devotional, September 30, 2011 "Too Great For Words"9/29/2011 - The pot roast was still steaming in the pan as I arranged carrots, onions, and potatoes around its perimeter and then ladled broth over the whole creation. I nestled it into a basket along with some bread, fruit salad, and cookies for dessert. The meal was for a family in our church that was grieving a deeply painful loss.
- Daily Devotional, September 29, 2011 "Obedience & Action"9/28/2011 - Francis Marion Tarwater, Flannery O’Connor’s young, disturbed character in The Violent Bear It Away, came of age in the backwoods—far from the town and other people. Tarwater’s uncle, a bizarre man who had ecstatic visions and believed he was a prophet, raised the boy.
- Daily Devotional, September 28, 2011 "The Simple Truths of Service"9/27/2011 - Barbara Glanz is a speaker and author. She's also a friend. A few years ago, Barbara was speaking to 3,000 employees of a large grocery chain. Her speech was on customer service and how to create memories to make the customers want to come back. At the end of her presentation, she put up her contact information and said, "If anyone has any great stories on service, I'd love to hear from you."
- Daily Devotional, September 27, 2011 "Burning Strong"9/26/2011 - Over the past few months, I‘ve encouraged my husband to create a small fire pit in our backyard. As someone who enjoys camping, I love sitting on a cool night in front of a blazing campfire with a mug of hot chocolate in my hands. Tonight as we sat with family near the crackling flames (in the freshly completed fire pit), we reminded our children that the inherent power in fire evokes respect.
- Daily Devotional, September 26, 2011 "There You Are!"9/25/2011 - There are two kinds of people,” said advice columnist Abigail Van Buren. “Those who walk into a room and say, ‘There you are!’ and those who say, ‘Here I am!’” The one Person who could have rightly declared, “Here I am,” seemed oddly reluctant to promote Himself.
- Daily Devotional, September 23, 2011 "Warrior - Commitment & Devotion in Marriage"9/22/2011 - Are you in the habit of setting aside your own needs in the interests of serving those of your spouse, or do you look at marriage as an institution basically designed to serve your own needs? Do you think you can change your mindset to expect and even welcome the challenges and difficulties of selfgiving marriage?
- Daily Devotional, September 23, 2011 "One in Ten"9/22/2011 - You know the feeling—the jolt of recognition. Could it be? You inhale. Why, that’s so-and-so from high school! She grew her hair out, and now she’s a blonde! Somehow, the Internet has made it possible for you to contact her. But, should you open that door?
- Daily Devotional, September 22, 2011 "Living & Learning"9/21/2011 - We were caught in downtown traffic when the thin woman approached our car at a red light. “Please,” she said, tapping on the closed window. “Please, can you help me?” My husband rolled down the window and we all heard the wail of the baby in her arms. “I need milk for my baby. Can you give me some money?”
- Daily Devotional, September 21, 2011 "Give Up"9/20/2011 - Wildlife officials in my town tried in vain to save a duck that had an arrow sticking through its breast. She flew away whenever their nets came close. It’s hard to blame the frightened fowl. She didn’t understand that the same self-reliance that normally kept her alive was now preventing her from receiving the help she needed.
- Daily Devotional, September 20, 2011 "Matthew West - Strong Enough"9/20/2011 - I don’t even need to ask if you have ever faced an impossible circumstance. We all will at some point in our lives. Perhaps you are facing one right now. Today, you may be staring down a struggle that seems much bigger than you are, wondering how in the world you are going to make it through.
No playlists found for this account.