That’s why James reminds us that “God opposes the proud, but favors the humble”
- Daily Devotional - September, 28 2012 "What’s Your Passion?"9/27/2012 - When asked what my seminary students are passionate about, I immediately ticked off a few issues of social justice—the plight of the poor, the rights of minorities, and ending slavery and sex trafficking.
- Daily Devotional - Featuring Matthew West - September, 27 2012 "The Power of a Prayer"9/26/2012 - Hello, my name is Gerson and I just turned 13. Life used to be hard because my father was not a Christian but my mom was. Sometimes they would fight and yell, and I would just stand in a corner, crying.
- Daily Devotional - Featuring Matthew West - September, 26 2012 "What a Thank-You Can Do"9/25/2012 - From Candy…I was a small-town girl raised in a coal-mining town in Pennsylvania. At the age of 18, I moved by myself to Washington, DC. I was in DC for a little more than a year and messed up my life with guys, alcohol and drugs.
- Daily Devotional - Featuring Matthew West - September, 25 2012 "The Power of Forgiveness"9/24/2012 - I never understood why God would ask Abraham to sacrifice Isaac, the son he waited so long to have. I always hoped He would never require such a sacrifice of me. The love a parent has for a child is like no other.
- Daily Devotional - September, 24 2012 "Three Evils"9/23/2012 - On January 12, 2010, Haiti was hit by a magnitude 7.0 earthquake that leveled an estimated 250,000 homes and 30,000 buildings, killing nearly 300,000 people.
- Daily Devotional - September, 21 2012 "In Defense of Love"9/20/2012 - Throughout much of 2011, Greece experienced unrest as round after round of austerity measures were passed, reducing pension payments and slashing worker benefits.
- Daily Devotional - September, 20 2012 "Line of Sight"9/19/2012 - When our son learned to shoot with a bow and arrow, I found my interest in the sport piqued by its grace and artistry.
- Daily Devotional - Featuring Lisa Chan - September, 19 2012 "Be Still"9/18/2012 - Have you been still before God? Have you come into God’s presence, hushed and subdued, free from distraction and disturbances? Have you come to listen to God? To be in that quiet place?
- Daily Devotional - September, 18 2012 "Quitting Time"9/17/2012 - Sorting through some old papers, I found a yellowed pay-stub that showed I had worked 100 hours in the span of 7 days.
- Daily Devotional - September, 17 2012 "Withering Grass, Fading Flowers"9/16/2012 - Elton Trueblood, noted Quaker author, educator, philosopher, theologian, former chaplain both to Harvard and Stanford Universities, and advisor to US Presidents Eisenhower and Nixon, wrote 33 books, including the provocative The Predicament of Modern Man (1944).
- Daily Devotional - September, 14 2012 "Obsession"9/13/2012 - Return me to the cross and let me be completely lost in the wonder of the love that You’ve shown me. This is everything I want.
- Daily Devotional - September, 13 2012 "Young Widow's Rant"9/12/2012 - I’ve never met Stephanie Olson, but through social media I came across her blog The Young Widow’s Rant.
- Daily Devotional - September, 12 2012 "All Good Things"9/11/2012 - Recently, I toured Bassett Hall, the home that John D. Rockefeller Jr. and his wife Abby purchased in Williamsburg, Virginia, in the 1930s.
- Daily Devotional - September, 11 2012 "Who's That Dude?"9/10/2012 - A teenage girl raced up to her high school track coach at the start of a practice. She had some really cool news to share and could hardly contain her excitement.
- Daily Devotional - September, 10 2012 "Collapsed"9/10/2012 - In the past few years, my kids and I started a Christmas tradition of making gingerbread houses with some friends.
- Daily Devotional - Featuring Louie Giglio - September, 07 2012 "Indescribable"9/6/2012 - Light travels at 186,000 miles per second. In a year, light travels 5.88 trillion miles. Light years is the measuring stick for the universe.
No playlists found for this account.