Don’t store up treasures here on earth, where moths eat them and rust destroys them, and where thieves break in and steal (v.19).
- Daily Devotional - March 9, 2013 "Devoured"3/8/2013 - I’m sure you’ve heard your share of extreme weight-loss plans. But ingesting a parasite? The UK’s Telegraph reports that some people in Hong Kong have resorted to using parasitic worms to peel off the pounds.
- Daily Devotional - March 8, 2013 "Christian Avoidance"3/8/2013 - In many parts of the world, it’s an amazing time to be a Christian. Most of us can walk down the street and find a church to join.
- Daily Devotional - March 7, 2013 "Yet to Come"3/6/2013 - My sister might take a year off from work to study at the Hebrew University of Jerusalem. I told her, “Well, be ready to check out the hills so that you know where to run to during the great tribulation.”
- Daily Devotional - March 6, 2013 "Pulled From Death"3/5/2013 - In Luxor, an Egyptian city more than 400 miles south of Cairo, medical professionals pronounced Hamdi Hafez al-Nubi dead.
- Daily Devotional - March 5, 2013 "Money or Mobility?"3/4/2013 - I hardly ever encounter beggars on the streets. But in some countries, you can find them begging at the markets and shopping malls.
- Daily Devotional - March 4, 2013 "So Many Parables"3/3/2013 - Parables. Jesus told a ton of them: The parable of the sower (Matthew 13:3-23), the mustard seed (vv.31-32), the hidden treasure in the field (13:44-46), the vineyard workers (20:1-16), the good Samaritan (Luke 10:30-37), the lost sheep (15:4-7), the prodigal son (vv.11-32), and so on.
- Daily Devotional - March 3, 2013 "A Psalm for the Struggle"3/2/2013 - It was the kind of eatery where you stand in line, place your order, and then step aside to wait for your food to appear.
- Daily Devotional - March 2, 2013 "No App for That"3/1/2013 - When I was a child, I knew some people who did nothing but watch television. They sat in their recliners and absorbed continuous loops of game shows, sitcoms, and sporting events.
- Daily Devotional - March 1, 2013 "Correcting Blind Spots"2/28/2013 - In The Call to Joy and Pain, Ajith Fernando, a Christian leader from Sri Lanka, wrote: “The church in each culture has its own special challenges
- Daily Devotional - February 28, 2013 "Origin of the Species"2/27/2013 - A previously unknown monkey species, the Caqueta titi monkey, was discovered deep in the Amazon jungle in August 2009.
- Daily Devotional - February 27, 2013 "Blind Eyes & Burning Hearts"2/26/2013 - If you want to humble me, all you need to do is hand me one of those Where’s Waldo? images—the ones where you attempt to locate the numerous places where the character Waldo blends into the scenery.
- Daily Devotional - February 26, 2013 Featuring Aaron Shust "Risen Today"2/25/2013 - Most of us have experienced the death of someone close to us. Even if we believe we will be reunited again in the Hereafter...
- Daily Devotional - February 25, 2013 "Experiencing Community"2/24/2013 - Respondents to a recent Barna Group survey listed the following as key elements of their church life: connecting with God, experiencing transformation, gaining new insights, and feeling cared for.
- Daily Devotional - February 24, 2013 "The World and I"2/23/2013 - I didn’t realize how far I was removed from reality until I read The Hunger Games. It jolted me into doing some research.
- Daily Devotional - February 23, 2013 "Suffering With God"2/22/2013 - Pain. We take pills to ease it, hold prayer meetings to heal it, develop strategies to avoid it, and think up philosophies to explain it.
- Daily Devotional - February 22, 2013 "Counting the Cost"2/21/2013 - Jesus’ good friend Lazarus had died (John 11:14,17). And so He performed an amazing miracle by raising Lazarus from the dead (vv.43-44)—leading many who came to the funeral to believe in Him (v.45).
No playlists found for this account.