Pastor and author Max Lucado suggests that life is less about finishing everything and more about finishing the right things well.
- Daily Devotional, May 10, 2012 "Grace From Surprising Places"5/9/2012 - In June 2011, pro hockey player Gilbert Brule was driving in Vancouver with his girlfriend. As they passed two hitchhikers, Brule blurted out, “That’s Bono!” Brule’s girlfriend wasn’t buying it
- Daily Devotional, May 9, 2012 "Held"5/8/2012 - Our kids often come home excited to tell us the interesting things they’ve learned in school. So when our 9-year-old asked me if I knew how to balance a book at least an inch high off the counter on just a sheet of paper, I knew there had to be a logical explanation though I couldn’t envision it.
- Daily Devotional, May 8, 2012 "Beyond The Standards"5/7/2012 - In 1957, a remarkable story written by Colonel William Draper appeared in Look magazine. The article was published under the title: “I Fly the President.”
- Daily Devotional, May 7, 2012 "Liberating Lordship"5/7/2012 - The King’s Speech depicts the surprising rise to power of Prince Albert, who became King George VI of England when his brother Edward abdicated the throne to marry an American divorcée.
- Daily Devotional, May 4, 2012 "One Meal, One Body"5/3/2012 - Have you ever wondered why Jesus taught His followers to eat His “body” and drink His “blood” during the Lord’s Supper?
- Daily Devotional, May 3, 2012 "Sustained"5/2/2012 - Several years ago, I had the privilege of interviewing Tony Dungy’s wife, Lauren, for Sports Spectrum Magazine.
- Daily Devotional, May 2, 2012 "Letting Go"5/1/2012 - During a recent 3-week stay in the hospital, I met Kathy. She shared her grave medical condition and her strong faith—an unflinching belief in Jesus.
- Daily Devotional, May 1, 2012 "Sin Management"4/30/2012 - We once lived across the road from Aman Nature Park, which was wonderful—except for the raccoons. Oh sure, they’re fascinating creatures.
- Daily Devotional, April 30, 2012 "Fair Wages"4/29/2012 - That’s not fair. Why did she get a raise and I didn’t? I do just as much work as she does!” “Why was he chosen to lead the project when I’ve been here longer?”
- Daily Devotional, April 27, 2012 "The Stories We Tell"4/26/2012 - I’m often disappointed with kids’ Bible story books. They usually paint a sugary picture that presents the Bible as a very safe and manageable book.
- Daily Devotional, April 26, 2012 "Green Letters"4/25/2012 - Is God green? Did Jesus have anything to say about the environment? What is my role as a Christian in caring for the earth?”
- Daily Devotional, April 25, 2012 "Learn From History"4/24/2012 - According to federal education officials, US students are less proficient in their nation’s history than in any other subject.
- Daily Devotional, April 24, 2012 "Return of The King"4/23/2012 - Harold Camping received a lot of attention for declaring that Judgment Day would begin around dinnertime on May 21, 2011.
- Daily Devotional, April 23, 2012 "How Could She?"4/22/2012 - My little Ugandan neighbors, Joshua (age 10), Mirika (age 8), Ashaba (age 7), and Katseme (age 4), have had a difficult life
- Daily Devotional, April 20, 2012 "Spirit-Wind"4/19/2012 - Soon after a tornado disaster in the US, I saw aerial photographs of its path. Entire neighborhoods were flattened. From the high angle of the photographer’s shot, all of the wood and debris looked like scattered, splintered toothpicks, tossed violently over a wide swath of city blocks.
- Daily Devotional, April 19, 2012 "Comes Back Around"4/18/2012 - As a youth pastor’s wife, I have plenty of opportunities to practice conflict resolution skills with those in our ministry. Especially in working with the girls.
No playlists found for this account.