Jesus asked Peter, James, and John to stay awake with him (Matthew 26:38). Yet, in His moment of greatest need, He found them snoozing (vv.40-41).
- Daily Devotional - April 4, 2013 "Pandora?"4/3/2013 - Pandora is one of the musical marvels of the Internet age. It’s an algorithm-based website that allows you to listen to any musical artists, bands, and songs that you like.
- Daily Devotional - April 3, 2013 "Transforming Grace"4/2/2013 - At the start of the 1998 film Les Miserables, recently released convict Jean Valjean staggers into a small village. Cold, starving, and out of options, Valjean receives a meal and lodging from a local bishop.
- Daily Devotional - April 2, 2013 "Short" 4/1/2013 - My friend, now 65, smiled nostalgically as she shared memories of her grandfather’s last year.
- Daily Devotional - April 1, 2013 "A Private Problem"3/31/2013 - Nate Larkin’s addiction first began after he visited the red-light district in New York City.
- Daily Devotional - March 31, 2013 "A New Genesis"3/30/2013 - A couple of years ago, as I was driving our son Wyatt to kindergarten, our conversation turned to resurrection.
- Daily Devotional - March 30, 2013 "True Freedom"3/30/2013 - Many countries annually exercise their freedom to literally change time. I experienced this timely change when I was in the US a few years ago.
- Daily Devotional - March 29, 2013 "The Rolling Stone"3/28/2013 - Jesus was dead—witnessed by His executioners (Mark 15:37-39), confirmed by Pilate (15:44-45), and attested by two high-court judges who prepared His lifeless body for burial (v.43; John 3:1,19:38-39).
- Daily Devotional - March 28, 2013 "Exercised"3/28/2013 - On all fours with the grass pressing into my hands and knees, I was already backing out of my goal.
- Daily Devotional - March 27, 2013 "Why The Bible Matters"3/27/2013 - In his article Does the Bible Matter in the 21st Century?author Vishal Mangalwadi lifts up the inestimable worth of God’s Word. He also notes that bad things happen when a country chooses to ignore the Bible’s wisdom.
- Daily Devotional - March 26, 2013 "Rescued From Darkness"3/25/2013 - In Clint Eastwood’s movie Gran Torino, Walt Kowalski is a cranky Korean War vet disgusted by the gangs now running his neighborhood.
- Daily Devotional - Featuring Remedy Drive - March, 25 2013 "Glory"3/24/2013 - Twenty years of playing electric guitar louder than I should has left me with what I hope is a very mild case of tinnitus, and my ears ring when I'm laying awake at night. I've got a related condition that I hope is growing in me,
- Daily Devotional - March 24, 2013 "The Desert Road"3/23/2013 - Apparently someone connected with Google has a sense of humor. In one recent Google Maps route from Japan to China, as expected, a long list of detailed directions populated the page.
- Daily Devotional - March 23, 2013 "Java Gods"3/22/2013 - Recently, coffee drinkers in Helsinki, Finland, could visit a café called Kauko for a free cup of coffee.
- Daily Devotional - March 22, 2013 "As It Is In Heaven"3/22/2013 - In the “Lord’s prayer,” Jesus encouraged His followers to pray for God’s kingdom to come and His will to be done “on earth, as it is in heaven”
- Daily Devotional - March 21, 2013 "Dangerous Concessions"3/20/2013 - In 1857, a few white members of the Dutch Reformed Church (DRC) in South Africa asked permission to celebrate the Lord’s Supper separately from their black brothers and sisters.
- Daily Devotional - Featuring Matthew West - March, 20 2013 "Hello, My Name Is"3/19/2013 - “Hello, my name is Jordan and I am a drug addict.” That was the first sentence of this young man’s story that he wrote to me.
No playlists found for this account.