Exodus 17 reveals that God’s provision isn’t tied to natural circumstances. He’s the God of the supernatural (v.6).
- Daily Devotional - November 25, 2012 "Ghost Car"11/25/2012 - In 1939, General Motors created a “ghost car”—a transparent vehicle with a body made of Plexiglas. The see-through outer shell of the Pontiac Deluxe Six revealed a custom chrome-plated dashboard, a spare tire lodged in the trunk, and even the door-locking mechanisms.
- Daily Devotional - November 24, 2012 "History’s Steady Tune"11/23/2012 - George Jellinek, former host of The Vocal Sceneradio program, says “the history of a people is found in its songs.”
- Daily Devotional - November 23, 2012 "The Glory of Jesus"11/22/2012 - Wedding receptions. I’m not opposed to attending them. But, honestly, if I can avoid going to one, you’ll get no complaints from me.
- Daily Devotional - November 22, 2012 "Queen for a Day"11/21/2012 - Following a meeting at Mildmay Uganda—a specialized center that provides holistic outpatient care for HIV and AIDS patients—I was summoned by Mildmay’s public relations director.
- Daily Devotional - November 21, 2012 "More"11/20/2012 - Tom Brady has model-like good looks, is married to supermodel Gisele Bundchen, and has led his football team to three championships.
- Daily Devotional - November 20, 2012 "When Walls Fall"11/19/2012 - Every Monday evening at 8:30 p.m., the walls of my house begin to vibrate. Far from any earthquake tremors, my house instead responds to the sound of my husband and the young men in his small group as they begin their time of worship in song.
- Daily Devotional - November 19, 2012 "Was I There?"11/18/2012 - I’ve never experienced what it means to be opposed or persecuted for my religious beliefs.
- Daily Devotional - November 18, 2012 "Lousy Comforters"11/17/2012 - I’m often tongue-tied when I attend a funeral or visit someone in the hospital. As soon as I open my mouth, it concerns me that I’m sounding like one of Job’s friends.
- Daily Devotional - November 17, 2012 "Laws of Love"11/16/2012 - Driving to work one day, I had a revelation. I realized that speed limits had been set to protect me and those around me, not to hamper my freedom or prove that I was a lawbreaker.
- Daily Devotional - November 16, 2012 "Slow Boil"11/16/2012 - It’s ironic that superstar chef Gordon Ramsay doesn’t take long to reach full boil. If he deems someone isn’t taking his sage advice on how to use sage or cilantro, he goes ballistic.
- Daily Devotional - November 15, 2012 "Voice and Verse"11/15/2012 - Occasionally, my mother’s voice invades my day— from inside my head. I can still hear her say, “Try not to borrow trouble from tomorrow,” and even “Remember to take a jacket.”
- Daily Devotional - November 14, 2012 "Love In Action"11/13/2012 - During the US civil rights struggle, lovingkindness required the demolishing of unjust laws, but it also required that individuals take deliberate action.
- Daily Devotional - November 13, 2012 "A Magnificent Book"11/12/2012 - I’m a fan of the television show Once Upon a Time. It’s cleverly put together and well-acted. But what I find most compelling is the way it parallels the biblical narrative.
- Daily Devotional - November 12, 2012 "Fuel Up"11/11/2012 - I drive a diesel truck in Uganda, so when my sister’s boyfriend loaned me his diesel pick-up while I was in the United States recently, I thought I could manage it just fine.
- Daily Devotional - November 11, 2012 "Spin"11/10/2012 - As anyone who has ever been a parent can attest, children can be masters of the literal—especially when it comes to rules.
- Daily Devotional - November 10, 2012 "Food That Satisfies"11/9/2012 - Why do you work? This question was part of a lifestyle survey used to determine the happiness of workers.
No playlists found for this account.