God wanted the Israelites to focus on Him exclusively—keeping Him at the center of their lives.
- Guilty as Charged10/19/2013 - John said that we’re to “produce fruit in keeping with repentance.”
- What Kind of Sorrow?10/18/2013 - When our sorrow does not lead to God-centered transformation, it becomes self-pity and unproductive grief, and it leads to death.
- A Good Worker10/17/2013 - Some of us feel that we could never be good enough to deserve such the label "good worker." How do we assess ourselves correctly?
- Being Messed With10/16/2013 - In Colossians, Paul cast a vision for a new humanity, an entirely new order of human existence brought into being by Jesus Christ.
- Don't Be Dumb10/15/2013 - The next time you’re tempted to lust, open your eyes and look at the wreckage around you. Don’t be dumb.
- A Better Plan10/14/2013 - When God allows our plans to be altered and even squashed, how do we react? Do we respond with anger and self-pity?
- The Rock10/13/2013 - Israel went looking for other rocks besides Yahweh—gods or sources of stability, strength, and refuge—and experienced extreme disappointment.
- Living Differently10/12/2013 - In what ways can we become numb to the influence of secular media? How can we discern if our media choices have become a place of idolatry?
- Peace Work10/11/2013 - We don’t have answers for all the injustice in the world. But we can be assured of this: God wants us to do our part to work for justice.
- Prepare the Way10/10/2013 - Like John, we must actively “prepare the way for the Lord’s coming!” so that “all people will see the salvation sent from God”
- Tale of Two Sons10/9/2013 - Submission to God’s authority in Christ demands more than mere words. It’s a call to obey Him.
- All You Need Is Love10/8/2013 - When you get to the core of things, it’s true that what we all really need, what we’re all longing for, is love.
- Disappointments10/7/2013 - Read 1 Samuel 30:3-6 and see how David endured disappointment and distress.
- Unfold His Word10/6/2013 - It’s only when we communicate with God and place our confidence in Him and His Word that we’ll experience peace that surpasses understanding.
- Right With God10/5/2013 - Traditional Protestants follow Martin Luther’s insight that sinners like us can’t do enough good works to satisfy a holy God.
- Art of Removal10/4/2013 - Consistent study of God’s Word will help us stay true to Him and repent of what’s false in our lives. Practice the art of removal today.
No playlists found for this account.