Our blessed hope isn’t just the absence of “death or sorrow or crying or pain” (Revelation 21:4), but the very presence of our heavenly F...
- Daily Devotional - May 13, 2013 "Obvious Passion"5/13/2013 - There’s a lady down the street who’s crazy for flowers. At the first sign of spring, she crowds her porch with clay pots containing seedlings.
- Daily Devotional - May 12, 2013 "Rabble Babble"5/11/2013 - Many years ago, I was counseling at a Christian camp when the program staff began to struggle. Why?
- Daily Devotional - May 11, 2013 "Commoner to Royalty"5/10/2013 - The New York Times estimated that 3 billion people watched Prince William, heir to the throne of England, marry Kate Middleton.
- Daily Devotional - May 10, 2013 "My Greatest Enemy"5/9/2013 - A Christian leader was once asked: “Who is your greatest enemy?” He replied, “Every morning I see him in the mirror.”
- Daily Devotional - May 9, 2013 "Taken"5/9/2013 - There are three major events in Jesus’ life that most Christian churches commemorate with special services: Christmas, celebrating Jesus’ incarnation and birth; Good Friday, commemorating His crucifixion and death; and Easter Sunday, celebrating His resurrection—His coming back from the dead.
- Daily Devotional - May 8, 2013 "65 Gifts"5/8/2013 - Doug Eaton wanted to celebrate his 65th birthday in an uncommon fashion. When he asked his friends how he should celebrate the big day, one suggested that he perform 65 random acts of kindness.
- Daily Devotional - May 7, 2013 "True Love"5/6/2013 - When I stopped by a nearby restaurant to pick up some food, a guy and a girl standing in the parking lot caught my attention.
- Daily Devotional - May 6, 2013 "Freeing Money"5/5/2013 - Among the poor, I’ve often encountered extravagant generosity. In the Amazon jungle, locals stretched their meager resources to provide me with daily meals.
- Daily Devotional - May 5, 2013 "Clear of Corruption"5/4/2013 - An advisor I recently consulted was highly recommended by a large, established Christian organization.
- Daily Devotional - May 4, 2013 "Stay Hungry"5/3/2013 - It’s often more difficult to stay on top than it is to get there. This is true in sports: A young boxer trains hard as he fights his way through the ranks, but once he wins a championship he becomes lazy and loses his title to a new, hungrier challenger.
- Daily Devotional - May 3, 2013 "He Said, She Said"5/3/2013 - A radio broadcast of H. G. Wells’ novel The War of the Worlds panicked thousands of listeners back in 1938.
- Daily Devotional - May 2, 2013 "Forever Sacrifice"5/2/2013 - An attempt by climbers in 1936 to scale the north face of the Eiger is depicted in the film North Face.
- Daily Devotional - May 1, 2013 "Daily Bread"4/30/2013 - I work for a Christian ministry whose flagship publication is titled Our Daily Bread.
- Daily Devotional - April 30, 2013 "For a Lifetime"4/29/2013 - David Brooks, in his book The Social Animal,details how Gary McPherson studied 157 randomly selected children who had chosen to play a musical instrument.
- Daily Devotional - April 29, 2013 "The Promised Spirit"4/28/2013 - In a world where promises are easily made and broken, many people are skeptical about the value of them.
- Daily Devotional - April 28, 2013 "Lost in the Dark"4/27/2013 - Last March, the Ecuadorian navy rescued 18-year-old Adrian Vasquez after he had aimlessly floated 28 days across the ocean on a 10-foot schooner.
No playlists found for this account.