Back in 2001, Mark Cuban, owner of the National Basketball Association’s (NBA) Dallas Mavericks, offered WGN Chicago Radio sports-talk ho...
- Daily Devotional, February 6, 2012 "Honored"2/5/2012 - The metro was packed with rush-hour travelers, and my family and I stood on the station platform waiting for the doors to open so we could board. Tired after a long day of sightseeing, we were already anticipating the refuge of our hotel room.
- Daily Devotional, February 3, 2012 "The Word of God"2/2/2012 - A person’s words are inseparable from the person speaking them. Think about your own words. They come from you and are uniquely yours. Your words communicate your heart. They come from your inner self—your soul—and express your ideas, thoughts, feelings, and character. Your words are spoken with your voice.
- Daily Devotional, February 2, 2012 "Intercepting Entropy"2/1/2012 - John Ortberg, in one of his sermons, told of an interview with Max Dupree, the former CEO of Herman Miller, a renowned office furniture company. “Max is asked to speak a lot about leadership, and at one session somebody asked him what the most difficult thing was that he personally had to work on.
- Daily Devotional, February 1, 2012 "Firewalkers"1/31/2012 - Firewalkers fascinate me. These people have a special something that allows them to look down at a bed of hot coals, unbuckle their sandals or peel off their socks, and step right in. Some see it as a rite of passage, a way to conquer fear, or a way to uncover some hidden vein of inner strength. Whatever the reason, something serious is usually at stake.
- Daily Devotional, January 31, 2012 "If I Were The Devil"1/30/2012 - In the foreword of R. C. Sproul’s book Knowing Scripture, J. I. Packer writes: “If I were the devil . . . one of my first aims would be to stop folk from digging into the Bible. . . . How?
- Daily Devotional, January 30, 2012 "Clear, Pure Water"1/29/2012 - A tall, cold glass of water. The condensation on the glass cools my hand. Clear, pure, colorless, odorless; free of man-made chemicals and corruption. I lift the glass to my lips and drink this water that deeply refreshes.
- Daily Devotional, January 27, 2012 "Promises & Praise"1/26/2012 - Ever made a promise you didn’t keep? Yeah, me too. It makes me wince to think of my broken promises over the years. The shame comes from the realization that I had given my word to do something for someone and then backpedaled upon further review of what my vow would require of me. Ouch.
- Daily Devotional, January 26, 2012 "The Small Stuff"1/25/2012 - How has your ministry been able to thrive in these tough economic times?” someone asked the leader of a nonprofit organization. “It’s because of the small gifts,” he said without hesitation. “The big gifts dry up when things get tough. But we have a lot of people who make small donations, and they give faithfully out of what they have.”
- Daily Devotional, January 25, 2012 "When God Speaks"1/24/2012 - I’m no gardener. The surest way to kill your flowers or vegetable plants is to ask me to care for them. So I marvel at those who are gifted at working with all things green and growing. Some gardeners have a practice (whether it is superstition or has merit, I can’t say) of talking to their plants.
- Daily Devotional, January 24, 2012 "Personality or Precept?"1/23/2012 - Twitter. Facebook. Podcasts. In mere seconds, we can receive biblical truths from around the globe. We can worship with our favorite worship bands and gain insight into life’s toughest problems from the latest speakers and writers. Never has the Word been so accessible at any given moment.
- Daily Devotional, January 23, 2012 "Lost & Found"1/22/2012 - Everyone has had the dreaded experience of losing something. Cell phones, keys, wallets, and money are all prime examples. The existence of Lost & Found departments in shopping malls tells me that people losing things is a common experience. Things are lost. Things are found.
- Daily Devotional, January 20, 2012 "I Am Hunger"1/19/2012 - In a previous article, I wrote about four severely malnourished siblings that I have been daily feeding. The children—Joshua, Mirika, Ashaba, Katseme— look drastically different now that they’ve been receiving nutritious food on a regular basis.
- Daily Devotional, January 19, 2012 "Believe In Miracles?"1/19/2012 - During the 1980 Winter Olympic Games, Al Michaels covered the hockey venue for ABC Sports. The network could have used other broadcasters, but Michaels got the nod because he was the only announcer on staff who had experience calling a hockey game. Michaels had called one game 8 years earlier.
- Daily Devotional, January 18, 2012 "Massive Temptation"1/17/2012 - I was driving down a busy road when an 8-foot icecream cone approached in the oncoming traffic lane and then sailed past me. I blinked and checked my rearview mirror. The towering tribute to mint chocolate chip, an advertisement for a local restaurant, definitely tempted my sweet tooth!
- Daily Devotional, January 17, 2012 "Providence"1/16/2012 - My family spent the past week nervously watching the progress of a storm that was predicted to hit our area about the time we planned to leave on vacation. The storm arrived 2 days before we were scheduled to leave, grounding flights and pushing travelers onto already overbooked planes on future days.
- Daily Devotional, January 16, 2012 "Enemies"1/15/2012 - I am forced to preach under something of a handicap this morning,” said Dr. Martin Luther King on a November day in 1957. His physician had instructed him to stay in bed, but King insisted on speaking. Paraphrasing the words of Jesus, he declared to the congregation at Dexter Avenue Baptist Church in Montgomery, Alabama: “You have heard that it has been said, ‘Thou shalt love thy neighbor, and hate thine enemy.’ But I say unto you, love your enemies...
No playlists found for this account.