Jesus asked Peter, James, and John to stay awake with him (Matthew 26:38). Yet, in His moment of greatest need, He found them snoozing (vv.40-41).
- Extravagant Mercy 11/30/2013 - When we wrong someone, it’s normal for us to feel distance and shame. We might imagine that the offended person is stewing over our poor behavior, replaying our thoughtless conduct, or writing us off.
- Filthy Garments11/29/2013 - How does God’s grace enable us to walk in purity and holiness with Him?
- Thank-You Cards11/28/2013 - Christians do not practice animal sacrifice in worship. However, the principles behind the sacrifices—forgiveness for sin and thankfulness to God—still apply.
- Just Enough11/27/2013 - Though being wealthy isn’t sinful, it can be dangerous. Read 1 Timothy 6:9-10 to see what kinds of trouble the desire for wealth can bring.
- Blameless11/26/2013 - A church leader “must not be arrogant or quicktempered; he must not be a heavy drinker, violent, or dishonest with money” (Titus 1:7).
- Wrestling With God11/25/2013 - Are you struggling with God today? Maybe His Word has revealed His will for your life in a certain area, but you’re not ready to surrender.
- Groaning or Grumbling?11/24/2013 - The only way to the Promised Land is through the wilderness of testing. You may groan when you’re tried. But never grumble. It’s truly a matter of life and death. —Mike Wittmer
- Making Room11/23/2013 - When you think of your heart as a home for Christ, what rooms do you need to surrender to Him?
- Life or Death11/22/2013 - Today, you can choose to pursue life or death. Turn from your sin and let the Spirit do good things in and through you. —Tom Felten
- Pursued11/21/2013 - He didn’t push us away after our rebellious wanderings. Instead, at great cost to Himself, God pursued us. His love moved Him to act.
- Feast or Famine11/20/2013 - God’s Word provides spiritual nourishment and refreshment. When it is unavailable, even the young, strong, and beautiful will languish from spiritual malnutrition.
- Measuring Ourselves 11/19/2013 - Read Philippians 2:3-8 and note how Jesus’ example should guide our view of ourselves and our relationship with other believers.
- Leading Integrity11/18/2013 - In appointing people to key positions, Nehemiah looked for people of integrity who feared God more than most. May we do the same in our churches.
- Thief of Time11/17/2013 - Someone described procrastination as “the thief of time,” and this seems to fit with the sense of urgency Jesus wanted His followers to adopt.
- The Way Out11/16/2013 - Where would you be if God hadn’t broken into your world? Express your gratitude today by sharing God’s life-giving Word with someone who desperately needs it.
- Using the Keys11/15/2013 - Jesus died to hand us keys we had lost due to our sin. But, like any set of keys, ownership is only effective as we use them.
No playlists found for this account.