Sometimes, holidays can be really difficult. For some, the holidays are a painful reminder of loss.
- Daily Devotional - July 5, 2013 "Learning Humility"7/4/2013 - Last month, as my wife was using our riding lawn mower, she accidentally hooked the bottom of the mower on one of the swings of our swing set.
- Daily Devotional - July 4, 2013 "Unwanted and Unloved"7/3/2013 - A pastor and his congregation, serving in an area known for addicts, alcoholics, and prostitutes, have prayed an interesting prayer for many years: Lord, send us the people nobody else wants.
- Daily Devotional - July 3, 2013 "Confronting the Darkness"7/2/2013 - Crazy demons!” Hitting “send” before proofreading, I quickly realized the text my husband received would leave him confused.
- Daily Devotional - July 2, 2013 "The Christ"7/1/2013 - Nearly every year, tabloids become embroiled in scandals over their publishing of private photographs of British royalty.
- Daily Devotional - July 1, 2013 "Tissue Boxes"7/1/2013 - As I sat in the surgical waiting room, I had plenty of time to think. I’d been here before. The last time, the outcome was bad—very bad.
- Daily Devotional - June 30, 2013 "Who’s Seeking Whom?"6/29/2013 - Zach was a lonely guy. If there was a party, he wasn’t invited. In fact, when he walked down the city streets, he could feel the hostile glares boring into his back.
- Daily Devotional - June 28, 2013 "Imagine"6/28/2013 - In 1971, John Lennon wrote a song about heaven and hell. The British public voted ”Imagine” their nation’s favorite song in 1999, and it earned Lennon a Grammy Hall of Fame Award that same year.
- Daily Devotional - Inspired by Jeremy Camp June 28, 2013 "My God"6/27/2013 - Throughout the Old Testament, God makes covenants with His people. These are agreements made to show His relationship with us and His promise to us to be our God and we to be His people.
- Daily Devotional - June 27, 2013 "Sculpting a Stump"6/26/2013 - One morning, I noticed a man with a chainsaw cutting down a large tree in front of some local farm buildings.
- Daily Devotional - June 26, 2013 "Stop Trying"6/26/2013 - Alcoholics Anonymous, also known as “AA,” is a worldwide movement that attempts to help alcoholics break free from their addiction to drinking.
- Daily Devotional - June 25, 2013 "Unpopular"6/24/2013 - Chick-fil-A is a popular American fast food chain whose president, Dan Cathy, also happens to be a Christian. Biblical values permeate its 1,600+ restaurants which are always closed on Sunday.
- Daily Devotional - June 24, 2013 "A Baby’s Cry"6/23/2013 - Recently, one state in the US instituted a law requiring each pregnant woman considering an abortion to watch a sonogram of her unborn child, receive medically accurate explanations of what she views, and listen to her baby’s heartbeat.
- Daily Devotional - June 23, 2013 "A Lot by a Lot"6/22/2013 - The first 4 years my adopted Ugandan son was with me, I experienced no fears about the future or my ability to support him.
- Daily Devotional - June 22, 2013 "Downed by Love"6/21/2013 - One of my deep joys as a pastor has been to baptize both of my sons. I have a picture taken just before I went into the baptismal pool with one of my boys.
- Daily Devotional - June 21, 2013 "We Are Family"6/21/2013 - We often say in the church that we’re a family, and we address each other as brothers and sisters in Christ. But what does that really mean? What implications does the word family hold?
- Daily Devotional - June 20, 2013 "Walls"6/20/2013 - Walls are designed to keep people safe. But walls also divide, keeping people apart. The 96-mile (155 km) Berlin Wall kept the East Germans in
No playlists found for this account.